God that looks grim !! (It's bright sunshine here !)

Just had a flood warning for certain parts of West Cornwall .

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it was 30 to spend with sending the vouchers off then 62quid to pay directly to the holiday place. I feel quite lucky that we got st,Ives as I know how nice it is there and was my first choice. taking

This year my wife and I, will be going to the USA for 4 weeks, one week in Minot, North Dakota, and another week in Framington New Mexico, for the rest of the time we will have the use of a camper van

Nice to see you back on here again Pixie ! Not seen any posts from you for a while. BTW, have a lovely holiday.

and wet snow! ... I thought snow was allways wet?

can't open that last one via my phone :( any other webcams worth a look? on notts or Cornwall

Hard to find any live streaming webcams like the one at Perranporth but this fixed one at Carbis Bay has some movement . Carbis Bay is the main beach in between where you are staying at Lelant and St.Ives and its at the bottom of a very steep hill.

http://www.carbisbayholidays.co.uk/carbis-bay-web-cam.htm

just been watching that one, David. sea looks a little rough! I could sit and watch those webcames for hours.

A few photo's of my brother "Randy's" back yard in Hayle Cornwall.portperrycarshow2003278.jpg

Thats incredible . Looks more like Queensland in Oz than Hayle !

Mind you I don't envy him , I've only got 3 palms and picking up the continually shed, dead leafs from them drives me nuts every time the wind blows. With that lot must be a full time job !

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a warning.

That Hotel safe where you stash all your valuables, Anyone that can access your hotel room may be able to bypass your passcode.

Most thefts from Hotel rooms are by staff with access...

This information is also freely available on the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=954ZIcLM7gE

Thanks for posting that Mick, we've used hotel safes loads of times and never given it a second thought that they could be opened by someone else. Meks ya think!

Just been on a Nile cruise, seven days on a five star all inclusive boat, ten trips included £600. Look on Redseaholidays/late deals.

Did something similar plus a tour of Egypt and flight to Aswan from Luxor. The reason the boat trip is so cheap is that in January at least it was quite dangerous. Of the 200-300 boats on the Nile only 20 were working.

Cannot imagine what the temperature must have been in June .

I went on a Nile cruise a few years ago and had a fantastic time. We were treated like Kings and Queens and the food, security and daily trips to the places of interest were first class. I'd recommend it to anyone. Like Stan, I also flew to Aswan.

Flew to Luxor and sailed to Aswan, the boat was 80% full. Only 30 boats on the Nile now instead of 300 two years ago due to protests against the Government. Elections will be on 30th June, don't book anything until then.

• 3 weeks later...

Total change of plan for SWMBOs 40th birthday next year !! After being messed about too much by the other people we were going to France with (If you remember we were going on a lake house? well first it was available then "We'll let you know in two weeks if it's available," then it was , "We won't know if it's available till July" etc , so I've given up.

But we are still going in a sort of lake house! Two weeks cruising the Norfolk Broads.

Any body ever been, if so , any recommendations?

Ten trips in seven days Denshaw?

Done Sharm a couple of times OK but prefer Turkey.

Tunisia we did not particularly like.!