• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it was 30 to spend with sending the vouchers off then 62quid to pay directly to the holiday place. I feel quite lucky that we got st,Ives as I know how nice it is there and was my first choice. taking

This year my wife and I, will be going to the USA for 4 weeks, one week in Minot, North Dakota, and another week in Framington New Mexico, for the rest of the time we will have the use of a camper van

Nice to see you back on here again Pixie ! Not seen any posts from you for a while. BTW, have a lovely holiday.

Some really cheap holidays going in the Mountains of Pakistan

One of these adventure holidays ? - including learning a "new skill".... sun is pretty much guaranteed, so you come back with a bally tan.

OK - I'll get me coat...

Don't play prize bingo in Portugal......in fact don't even watch others playing bingo there , could be a severe drain on the wallet , who knew ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23036182

I've been to Portugal many times and love the place. For a few years now, my wife has wanted to live there but I think this story will make people think twice about going to Portugal. I was quite surprised to read the story because I've never seen the police get involved in anything.

Back in the mid 90s in Summer there was a direct flight from Toronto to the Portugese island of Madiera what a beautiful place to visit,the only scary part is the landing and take off especially if there's a slight breeze just like landing on2-6-2012_023.jpgan aircraft carrier.

Back in the mid 90s in Summer there was a direct flight from Toronto to the Portugese island of Madiera what a beautiful place to visit,the only scary part is the landing and take off especially if there's a slight breeze just like landing onPosted Imagean aircraft carrier.

I think I'd be more scared of eating what Air Transat laughably call in-flight catering than taking off or landing.

;)

One airport that used to scare the sh*t out of me, was Hong Kong, because the runway was a long strip of land going out into a bay, so when you landed or took off all you saw was the sea, and if the plane overshot the runway there was only the sea to stop you..b7U7vrdl.jpg

We've booked for later in the summer.

Nice 5 Star all inclusive in the mountains near Hisoranu Turkey.

http://en.sahrasuhotel.com/

Great reviews on Tripadvisor...

Sahra Su Holiday Village & Spa Hotel Reviews, Oludeniz - TripAdvisor

Can't wait :)

Try the Algarve in January/February, It's really nice out of season, still warm, and a lot of the 'tourist' stuff still happens, but really quietThe real plus is that you're made to feel welcome and not the other way round.

That was where I first discovered that having a smattering of bits of other languages can really help. (We were made to feel like film stars, and from the looks we got ,the other guests thought so too) simply because I spoke German to the owners wife of this restaurant (Portuguese owned but she was German.)

The best Chateau Brion ever, carved and cooked as you ate it !! followed by flambed Strawberries, again cooked next to the table and washed down with copious amounts of cognac.

Probably the best meal I've ever had in my life !

The Algarve is one of the few places we would never return to.

Hundreds of english time share touts, and english touts trying to drag you into bars and restaurants!

I even prefer Benidorm over the Algarve.

:biggrin: I wouldn't mind a week's holiday up in Edinburgh: they've a 'Mary Queen of Scots' exhibition and the Queen has loaned some of her precious stuff, including the Darnley jewel. Lady Antonia Fraser is due to give a talk about her fascinating biography on this tragic Queen.

Also wouldn't mind catching a bus and travelling up to the environs around Aberdeen, where the wonderful painter Joan Eardley owned a but and ben at the side of the sea and painted exquisite pictures. Before this Joan painted children who lived in the Gorbals area; she was fascinated by their spirit despite their poverty.

It really was delicious, and we were made to feel like royalty , just because I spoke a little German to the owners wife who was outside 'propping'. I sympathized with her as it is a real thankless task, especially at that time of year, I know, I've been there, done that and still got the T shirt !! (Albeit in Ibiza)

At the moment in Vendee ,France at a place called La Tranche Sur Mer . Son booked a mobile home and we have tagged along . Hot but a day of rain today in fact its much like Cornwall , still , a change is as good as a rest ! Limited wifi and no TV . Next week to Brittany and hopefully good weather .

Flew to Luxor and sailed to Aswan, the boat was 80% full. Only 30 boats on the Nile now instead of 300 two years ago due to protests against the Government. Elections will be on 30th June, don't book anything until then.

Don't go.

the owners wife who was outside 'propping'. I sympathized with her as it is a real thankless task, especially at that time of year, I know, I've been there, done that and still got the T shirt !! (Albeit in Ibiza)

Does this mean Touting for business?

I don't even bother looking at the menu outside these places.

Not what you want when you are on holiday, hassled all the time, outside every bar and restaurant whilst walking down the street.

It does.

And if I hadn't, I wouldn't have had to of the best meals I have ever had in my life !

But I know where you're coming from with the hassle from them all the time .

Where I first did it it was quite quiet, nearest other bar was about 100 yards down the road, so nobody really felt hassled , not like in the 'west end' in San Antonio where there's a bar every 5 feet and three props outside of each one, now that is bad !

If I hadn't been doing it I wouldn't have met SWMBO either, (I touted her and her sister into my bar) So damn it, lets outlaw this practice now !!!!

slywink