• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the PC brigade think littering like that is not criminal let them bu66ers go and clean it up at there own expense. It is a downright disgrace for the culprits to get away with it. They have no plac

Just an aside, My mrs is Russian and is a teacher. She is now... after much difficulty in getting past the authorities.    There is a Citizenship test which is quite expensive. My mrs failed

I passed hubby didn't does that mean I can send him back to Basford.    The amount of changes on Hyson Green he will probably get lost.

indeed! on my old road someone a few doors up put some stuff under their window, bin liners and boxes as they were moving out the following week (and we didn't have front gardens on that road) some foreign men in a van pulled up, knocked on every door as they walked down the road, then rummaged through the bin liners and boxes leaving rubbish all over the pavement and on the road. pulled over a unit they were chucking out and broke jt to pieces, apparently they only left the stuff outside while they waited for a friend to help take it to the tip. the cheek of them to leave it in such a state!!

The brazen 'Romanian gypsy' I saw the other day with the child's pushchair full of scrap was back around our neighbourhood again today but this time he had his mate with him, they were walking opposite sides of the road, each of them had full pushchairs ....... Makes you wonder where they've picked it all up

actually that reminds me. someone a few weeks ago stole aload of cable from the train lines up the road. most of netherfield was without power for about 2 hours. rumor has it they were gypsys. no idea if Romanian or not though. leavin gets! I love my tea, had to wait for a pan to boil after almost singing my eye brows off holding a match to the gas hob!

actually that reminds me. someone a few weeks ago stole aload of cable from the train lines up the road. most of netherfield was without power for about 2 hours. rumor has it they were gypsys. no idea if Romanian or not though. leavin gets! I love my tea, had to wait for a pan to boil after almost singing my eye brows off holding a match to the gas hob!

Different area but this guy stole some cable , nearly killed himself in the process and in the resulting powercut to the area , his own grandma was stuck on her stairlift for 4 hours !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2333785/Bungling-thief-21-died-setting-trying-steal-live-11-000-watt-cable.html

• 4 years later...

Bugger all mate,if they did get charged some loony left pc clown would say it's unfair because they are a minority and they are being victimised

Rog

• Like 1

Just an aside, My mrs is Russian and is a teacher. She is now... after much difficulty in getting past the authorities. 

There is a Citizenship test which is quite expensive. My mrs failed it the first time. They gave her a DVD which you could put on the computer to prepare you for the test. I am English, born in Nottingham, an ex-military officer and a published military historian. I think I qualify as a UK Citizen. I failed the test three times. 

Basically it was full of things that unless you are from a certain community you would not know. I do not know the proportion of the community in London which is Muslim. I do not know what the English translation for a Muslim Prayer Room is either. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Sometimes you have to wonder at the 'system'. Citizenship tests for some, yet many, many other 'citizens' here can't even string a sentence together in English.

As regards Travellers and especially those PC do-gooders who are always there to look after their rights, I wonder how they'd feel if a bunch of Travellers suddenly turned up on the road where they live, parking up caravans and lorries, squalor and crapping all over their front lawn...

I just completed four of the 'Life in the UK' tests. I failed one and three and just scraped through on two and four. Phew, I have saved it to my desk top to carry on later. My brain hasn't worked so hard for a long time, but I enjoyed doing the tests and look forward to  more.:) 

PS LL, I own up to guessing a few as well.:biggrin:

• Like 2

If the PC brigade think littering like that is not criminal let them bu66ers go and clean it up at there own expense. It is a downright disgrace for the culprits to get away with it. They have no place in a decent society.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention years ago, but I just don't remember the 'travellor' situation you folks are facing today.  They sure don't look poor with all the fancy campers and trucks.  Who are they and where were they years ago?

Btw.  That evening post site is one of the worst so called news sites I've ever come across.  It kept hanging for periods of time.  Presumably while it loaded more commercials at my expense.  Then I had a hard time getting rid of it and back to NS.  It's like a bloomin' virus.  :(

I didn't mean it actually is a virus, just that it acted like one, Mick.  ;). I have not found a free adblocker that works at all for the IPad.  I mostly use the iPad for quick drop ins on NS during the day.  I have Adblock on the laptop and it does a good job.  I don't do much web browsing on the iPad because the ads on so many news sites have made them almost impossible to use.  I make it a point NOT to buy anything these pests are pushing.