It's looking a bit black over Bill's mother's!

Anyone ever heard the saying "It's looking a bit black over Bill's mother's"? <snigger>

IMG_7096.JPG?gl=GB

I've just had a good night out in Lambley and on the way there it was thunderstorms and torrential rain then hailstones as big as marbles .......... Thought it was supposed to be summer now

MMMMM not quite sure where I've heard that one

Incidentally , Nott'm doesn't have the monopoly on it. It's a wide spread expression, and used where ever I've been in the UK !!

Out here in loony Lincolnshire they say "It's a bit black over gradads tate's" though what gradads doing with his "tate's" out is beyond me

Rog

I've just had a good night out in Lambley and on the way there it was thunderstorms and torrential rain then hailstones as big as marbles .......... Thought it was supposed to be summer now"

Wow I'm surprised to hear that !!!! I lived on Spring Lane Lambley for 10 years and never heard of any one having "a good night out there " .

Wow I'm surprised to hear that !!!! I lived on Spring Lane Lambley for 10 years and never heard of any one having "a good night out there " .

Haha! Bob, must admit that Lambley has never been a favourite village of mine but it does have a couple of decent pubs. Quiz Night at the Robin Hood last night, hosted by the new landlord, was good fun and well attended.

Haha! Bob, must admit that Lambley has never been a favourite village of mine but it does have a couple of decent pubs. Quiz Night at the Robin Hood last night, hosted by the new landlord, was good fun and well attended.

Especially for the quiz winners!

:)

• 2 months later...