What Have they done to our Junk Food

Funny ,I lived on make do and mend dishes when I ventured into bedsit land.. Spring onion/scallions into mashed spuds- just to pep them up.

Large tin of mackerel in tomato sauce,into an ovenproof dish- top it with leftover mash...cheap and quick when you've done a 12 hr stint at Gerrards!

1lb of sausage meat and and a packet of stuffing: fry the meat with a Spanish onion ,peas/sweetcorn,dollop of brown sauce..add stuffing mix and bake!

Eat it on yer lap- great dinner for a quid or so.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gym..... No way. I'm not in to self abuse. I do lots of walking, haven't smoked for over 30 years, and even then it was only to be sociable, don't drink much nowadays, maybe a pint bottle, but mostly

I could have posted a very similar comment as you Jill.  My Mum disliked cooking but we were always well fed.  However she made excellent pastry and the best Yorkshire Puddings this side of Doncaster.

I can guarantee 100% Chulla that I would not touch that burger in a million years. I would have to be grovelling with starvation to eat some thing that looks so unhealthy as that. All those fried onio

Starts on your lap, and ends up on your waistline ! 

I just used to eat until it hurts, but it's hard to shift when over 40. 

Ok now though, physically fit, but mentally unstable......... Or so I keep being told. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I just used to eat until it hurts, but it's hard to shift when over 40. 

Ok now though, physically fit, but mentally unstable......... Or so I keep being told. 

Yes FLY we alll agree with Mrs FLY on that point !  smile2

• 4 months later...

My granny always ate burned toast,she said it was good for you and was also a breath freshener.She also ate all the above things and lived to a ripe old age.

Same applies to my mam and she is 98 now!

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

I'm having a Tesco Toffee Sundae for dessert this evening, and being the saddo that I am, looked at the ingredients.

Skimmed milk, water, whipping cream, Dextrose, Stabilisers, TetrasodiumDiphosphate, Sodiun Alginate, sugar, Chicory Fibre, Cornflour, Wheatflour, pork gelatine, Iron, Date Paste, Golden Syrup, ..... That's just a fifth of the contents.

I was just wondering if there was any toffee in the bleddy thing.

They are extremely yummy though !

• Upvote 2

I watched a film about how McDonalds milk shakes were made. It put me off for life.

• 1 month later...

Oh yuk! What a mixture beef ,cheese ,onions,and JAM,it looks like a load of leftovers scraped from other peoples plates.

P.s.i once worked at a care home where the owner told us to scrape sauce,jam,and such off people's plates and put them back in the jars ...disgusting I didn't stay there long.

Good grief, you don't think that there's actually any beef in it do you ?

I'd be hard pushed to eat the bun !