Marvelous what they can do nowadays.

Aerial footage of the Costa Concordia wreck

This video was shot at the location of a tragic accident and is supposed to be a showcase for possible UAV applications. The goal is to display the stranded ship in a never-before seen way.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=78a_1368985406

Amazing technology, wonder what the batteries look like and the video picture actually received?

Obviously they didn't want to show that.

Imagine the possibilities when the technology comes to the joe public. I know there are video drones around but the size of that thing is what is so clever.

Big brother could be watching anywhere. (and probably is !)

the other week i was down mfn bloke came along andset up a computer in a small case a bit bigger than a lap top including a screen his mate got out his car with a small modle plane come helicopter about 9/10 inches long and started to fly it, on the screen came up pictures of all roud the area traffic on 610 people sitting around outside mfn standing watching the air craft it looked more like a plane but once it took of had like helicopter rotoers on the top of it and the motor bikes parked aroound the carparks piggy swore blind there were two of them because it somehow looked bigger in the air than when on the ground settled the argument i was right only one when we went over to have a look at the screenand i asked the guyif he had one or two aircraft flying one sez he.

• 8 months later...

There is always two sides of technology. The possibilities of this technology are endless. Imagine being able to send a vehicle such as these to a crash site immediately upon reports of any accident. The ability to view in real time what is happening could significantly improve rescue teams. Even in daily life such as police situations or fire rescue. The downside is the war applications which cannot be avoided. I would love to own one myself. It would be a blast to fly one of these and view the local area from the air. I have seen a video of Amazon creating a method to use this technology to make deliveries, but I am not certain if they are looking into the application of the technology or if it is just a promotional video of a cool idea.

These can no be bought on Ebay

Costa Concordia

Go to Google maps and paste these coordinates into the search box: 42.365393,10.921562

In Google Earth it's 3D

There was a flying car around many many years back, the concept never took off, around the same time, 60's, someone came out with a car boat, you drove into the water, pressed a button and it changed from wheel drive to propeller drive. Again never took off.

Those amphibious cars are now worth big $$$$ - problem is, most of them rotted away!

There was a company in Michigan that had designed and built a prototype amphib car. They asked us to take a look at it from a safety standpoint. On paper it looked great - V8 engine, auto transmission, fiberglass (actually, GRP) body that was very nicely designed. We never actually saw the car, or heard any more about it!

Problem with them (as seen in the video) is that they were neither a good car, nor a good boat!