Hi carni i might be wrong but ive tried it before and was informed that the images have to go on from some kind of picture hosting site

I just tried to add an image to my post from google images and a notice came on to say not allowed,what is the reason for that.sorry if i have broken the rules

How exactly did you try to add an image? What did you do?

As fch782c mentioned, you have to transfer the image to a picture hosting site, and then link that image to Nottstalgia.

When you return to the thread to post your image, left click in the top left hand corner of the reply box. A flashing symbol appears. Right click up against this symbol and a box of instructions will appear. Left click on 'Paste'. Your image appears as a line of numbers and letters. Click on 'Post' and your image will appear.

The error you got was not regarding posting of Google images, but the type of image or image name.

I assume you were using the add image box.

Its possible link to images directly from other sites, but its called 'hot linking' basically using other sites hosting of

images, which is sometimes frown upon. Its also possible for the other site to send alternate images instead of the hot linked file.

Hosting the file in your own photobucket account avoids any problems. you also get a direct link generated that pastes directly into your post without using the add image box..

By jove , I think she's got it !

Robin_Hood.jpg

just having another go fingers crossed

Just wish I had the patience to work it out too! Got Photobucket installed but my brain can't get around the next challenge!

LizzieM,It took 1 hour and the guidance of my 12yr old Granddaughter to get the image posted,i am going to have another go but i can't face it yet.LoL,i am a long way from knowing how to do it easily.in fact i may not be able to do it again.LOL

• Upvote 1

In the early days of the Internet, early 90s, I used to do talks and demos on it to groups of businessmen and the public.

I used to say "It's so Simple, even an adult can do it"

If I knew then what I know now, I would be rich by now.

Back then Mick, we only had two browsers, and each were dead simple to navigate, plus HTML has come a lot further with more added programming.

Again back then, if you wanted to build a web page, it had to be done "longhand", ie enter all the code on "notepad" then after you'd tested it, upload it all via an FTP....

Then along came Mr Norton who made it easier with his still used web construction software.. It taught me more about html language than any book could, it had so many errors that I debugged webpages line by line of HTML...

Now we have loads of great web construction programs from Dreamweaver......It's the best, but GOD!!! It's not user friendly.... to easy good freebies....

I'd hate to be a newbie on the Internet these days........

I've been around the internet since the mid 90's, almost 20 years now, so I'd be an "oldie" "old fart" LOL.

Back then we only had Netscape and Internet Explorer "browsers" Netscape was the best and had to be purchased or supplied under license for our ISP.... Connection speed was 28.8kbs, if you were lucky!!!! Mine was usually 13kbs, I lived in the country...

I am embarrassed to say i don't understand anything you have written in the above post,I think i am along way of the technical side of the computer,I will do one day ,i am getting there very slowly,I just hope you will all be patient with me.LoL

A Browser is what you use on the internet, you have this website on a "browser" , Explorer, Firefox or one of the other browsers available.. The 28.8kbs is was the speed of the connection, ie 28.8 kilo bits per second, that's the information data rate download speed...

You're probably on a 5mbs or higher connection speed today, sadly I'm in the sticks and only have a 1.5Mbs connection.

An ISP is your Internet Service Provider..

Netscape is a browser, almost forgotten as they failed to keep up with the times, good in it's day.. Explorer is Microsofts built in browser unless you have a Mac computer.. But all MS operating software, (Windows.) comes with Explorer internet ready..

Hope that helps a bit..

I remember the early days of the net when the only way to access was on dial-up. If you ever find an example today, you can't believe how slow and weak it was.

Broadband is the greatest invention since sliced bread.