On 8/4/2022 at 8:50 AM, MRS B said:

I remember Heinz belting out the song,  “Just like Eddie”

It was Cathy's Clown by The Everley Brothers for me, can't remember if it was at "Jinglebells" or Mablethorpe.

Did you mean the miniature railway at Queens Park? I must have been on that railway as a kid. We knew the people that ran the Sand Train up and down the beach.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off today, taking Granddaughter to Twycross Zoo, I’m all excited “Going to the zoo zoo zoo going to the zoo zoo zoo how about you you you I’m going to the zoo zoo zoo”    

That’s the great thing about having grandchildren - you can go to places like zoos, seasides and adventure parks etc and share in their excitement without people thinking you’re weird if you go on you

Ayup Miducks If anyone out there is thinking of a day out and not sure where to go,i would just like to pass one of our faves on to you,it is only 30mins from us and about 2 hrs(ish) from Notts,The p

Oztalgion

The railway was a 00 gauge model behind the cafe near the funfair. It was based on a fictional Cornish seaside village. Mike spent a lot of happy hours maintaining and running it for the public. 

9 hours ago, MRS B said:

The railway was a 00 gauge model behind the cafe near the funfair.

Thanks MRS B, not familiar with that but looked it up and there are quite a few videos on YT. Many hours of work in that layout.

Yeah very many hours, sadly Mike is not with us anymore, he had numbers of wives over the years but always kept his railway. There was an article in the “Railway Modeller” magazine about this very subject.

• 5 months later...

As a young teenager on Bestwood estate we had some lovely day trips to Skeggy...Mablethorpe...and cleethorpes.......organised by a lady on the street named Elsie.........no parents allowed just Elsie who sorted us all out.........great community spirit...

Most of us behaved and always took Mam a stick of rock back........

• Like 1