Well they dropped the Evening a while back which is fair enough as the paper is now printed first thing in the morning with no later editions, so it's always yesterday's news.

The new nottinghampost.com website is something awesome in its awfulness. The design reminds me of very early attempts at HTML coding, when website designers were still getting to grips with the medium's possibilities, circa 1995.

If this is the best the Nottingham Evening Post can come-up with I give them a couple of years before the whole enterprise is consigned to history.

The thisis... brand seems to be on the way out. The Leicester Mercury and The Derby Evening Telegraph have both switched to new web addresses but with the same rubbish templet as the NEP.

I would forgive them everything if they put all the old Bygones supplements on line (for free) but doubt that will happen !

Thought there was no news in Notts this past weekend ? ....well you missed this dramatic story .

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Couple-return-holiday-grass-street-cut-different/story-19155350-detail/story.html#axzz2V9qJLiLZ

Isn't that so pathetic David?!! Really scraping the barrel to fill the pages. But Andy Smart wrote a good review of the Rod Stewart concert on Saturday night at the Arena. We were there and he was brilliant

I would forgive them everything if they put all the old Bygones supplements on line (for free) but doubt that will happen !

Hi i keep reading about a magazine on Nottstalga called Bygones,is it some thing i could get delivered to West Mids it sounds like something i would enjoy,any information would be appreciated.

Carni, it's published by the Evening Post and comes out about once a month, think it's 70p. There are often some very good articles in it, together with letters and old photos that people send in. It is possible that you could get a subscription I suppose because just looking at one I have here it states that it is 'registered as a newspaper with the Post Office'. You could contact them at Bygones, Nottingham Post, City Gate, Tollhouse Hill, Nottingham NG1 5 FS. The editor is Andy Smart, e.mail address Andy.smart@nottinghampostgroup.co.uk. DavidW had a letter printed a little while ago, he'd sent it in months before. I noticed that this letter was from a David W in Cornwall and asked if it was him! David was coming to Nottingham anyway and managed to get hold of the copy.

Thank you so much for you'r help LizzieM,It sounds really brilliant,i can't wait to read one,i will definitely contact them tomorrow,I had an aunt who i used to visit at Clifton who used to save the Evening Post for me,sadly she passed away 2yrs ago,and i miss her very much,and i haven't been able to read any Notts news since.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if Notts Police and the Post could give any further tips, such as easy ways to steal vehicles?

BURGLARS searched a house and stole cash after opening a door by pushing a key out of a lock.Police said thieves used a stick in the keyhole.

• 3 weeks later...

You're not the only one. The biggest irritation for me is that everything is so big and in-yer-face that it's almost impossible to read anything there.

It's like a simplified version of The Sun. Which I didn't think would be possible.

• 7 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...