What tracks have you come to like over the years?

Never a great fan of The Beatles, apart from a few powerful numbers like Revolution.
This one crept up on me when I heard it on the radio yesterday.
Perhaps the lyrics have more meaning now I am older?

"In My Life"
There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bs1R4KXlZs

Liking lots of stuff now that I never could have stood when a teenager, years ago.

Used to groan when Lonnie Donegan came on the many variety shows in the 50s / 60s yet really love a greatest hits cd of his that I bought recently . Because of that have also downloaded an album of early American folk music that must have influenced him.

Also wierdly had a fad on Chas and Dave a few months ago and some of their cheeky sing along songs such as Give It To The Girl Next Door .

A couple of years ago went a bit modern classical and bought most things that Karl Jenkins made . He used to be a member of Soft Machine but now is better known for his orchestral, choral works . His best known is probably The Armed Man , can' t post a direct link from this tablet but should find it here

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=the%20armed%20man%20karl%20jenkins

The late Karen Carpenter had a unique voice, but had such a sad, lonely life.

Richard and Karen Carpenter left us some of the best music ever produced,RIP Karen.

Another great recording artist is Neil Diamond.

I never liked Don McClean's American Pie till recent years, but I love it now and am interested in its meanings.

• 4 weeks later...

1970 - Elton John - never liked John Denver - James Taylor first few albums were good, one on the Beatles Apple label - Cat Stevens always good anytime, Miles From Nowhere my favorite.

Re: #5 Another loss to the music industry with a wonderful voice my personal favorite, Eva Cassidy

Re: #7 My favourite Don Mcleans has to be, Vincent

Mama Cass did a wonderful cover of - "The In Crowd".....I love listening to it.....it's a real surprise - if she did it with the Ramsey Lewis Trio back then, what a treat that would have been. She has the right feel - sings so clear and holds the notes so well - dynamic and not powerful.

The music I like now but, in my youth is classical music like,Purcell,Vaughan Williams,Benjamin Britten and Bach, along with a few others, my French wife is a great fan of classical music, and plays it all the time, maybe she indoctrinated me to like it

Don`t know how far you are from Paris,Melton, but in view of your musical tastes you should attend the concerts in La Madeleine and La Saint -Chapelle. in Paris. For me it is about as close to heaven as is possible on earth. I shall be there 26 and 27 July this year if you want to buy me a beer!

By the way ,the costs are really reasonable and the locations out of this world.

What does your wife think of Glenn Gould's "French Suites" ? I'm a big fan of Mr. Gould's work, talent and wool coat, hat and gloves!