Tony    27

Mick,

You are correct. The entrance to Collingham footway is still there ( top of Woolmer Road )

When you entered you walked the length of the houses and the 'footway' opened up. Once through on the right was a fish and chip shop and then the school, further down on the right hand side. I think once you had walked through you came in to Ryeland Crescent.

I walked by there the other day.

Kind regards

Tony

colly0410    734

Ha yes the chippy near Collingham footway, when I lived on Glapton Road I used to often go there, 4 old pence for a bag of chips & a tanner for a mushy pea mix. Mam used to go to a bingo hall that was converted from a cinema on the corner of Ryeland Crescent & Kirk White street (I think), if she'd had a good win we had a slap up fish dinner, mind you she usually lost & then whinged & moaned. :) ..

Chris P    2

I believe it was on the corner of Ryeland Crescent and Mayfield Grove if the info from my mum is correct as it was family that ran it

just past the library at the junction of Holgate road and Wilford grove was a small part of Trent Bridge Senior boys schoolI attended there 1951-1955