This Policeman is ment to be protecting the public could he run after a criminal?

How many more are overweight?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336784/Is-Britains-heaviest-police-officer-Large-sergeant-seen-marshalling-protesters-NHS-rally.html

Thought it was April 1st , then I saw what paper it was from , stirring up the sh1t again !!

He is probably a desk sergeant dragged out to police these protesters 'cause they were short handed, who may (Or may not) have been injured in the line of duty, and is still working to ride out the time till pension day rather than live off of benefits. But no body thinks that he might still be 'doing his bit' whilst they hide behind their twitching curtains !

• Upvote 1

There was an excellent copper based at Canning Circus in the 70s.

Similar build, Brian Baird-Parker was his name. He was well known and respected in the area.

He used to drive a Ford Zodiac, which some scrote made the mistake of stealing, despite knowing it belonged to Brian.

Sgt.Sharpe is probably an excellent copper and not averse to feeling collars, unlike some coppers today!

The Mail should concentrate on the thin coppers who wheedle themselves into an admin job, where they earn the same money for working 9-5 and never leave the station.

• Upvote 1

I was at school with a Baird-Parker (Stephen), at Kingswell in Arnold and I think he then went to Carlton-le-Willows Tech. Remember seeing something in the Post when I was up here visiting my Dad, before we moved back to Nottm, that there was some sort of major aggro at St Mary's Church in Arnold during a wedding ceremony which involved the family. It's not a common name, must be the same clan.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't give a toss how fat or thin a copper is. So long as they do a sometimes very difficult job to keep everyone safe.

To be shot at & attacked with all sorts of weapons for a pittance of a wage ? Good luck to em.

• Upvote 3

sneintongal (#9), the equipment that the police have is all necessary and is used for different situations.

The police normally carry a baton, personal radio, incapacitating spray, police notebook, torch, leg/arm restraints, speedcuffs and a taser. They also wear a stab vest.

• 7 months later...

Re # 12 I think this photo is taken outside Yates Wine Bar. Anyone know?

Don't you mean Market Street & Long Row, Angel Row is opposite to Market Street

Long Row runs From Clumber Street To Chapel Bar.

Angel Row Runs between St James Street & Mount street

Yes, I thought it was outside Yates. We always were on the lookout for the law when staggering out of Yates or the Bell.