In the 2006 Football World Cup, Australia reached the final 16. watched the match in Croatia to see Australia together with Brazil go forward, The atmosphere was truly electric as Australia pushed out the Croatian team.

The thing Beefy is how insignificant is soccer (football) over here compared with Rugby (union and league) and AFL and even American football . It is interesting how a country of only 7 million (in 1945) could produce so many fine athletes. (just behind the real supermen the Kiwi`s)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked past Harold Larwood and Bill Voce in Kirkby this morning......couldnt bring mesen to tell em the score......just got a coffee from Subway and sat and drunk it down at 'Long Off''...........

"Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've m

Australian Love Poem Of course I love ya darlin You're a bloody top-notch bird And when I say you're gorgeous I mean every single word So ya bum is on the big side I don't mind a bit of fl

Still no answer on the 20-20 world cup final result I notice.......................................... :rotfl:

Beefsteak,

Item #25 was an adequate, indepth answer to your 20-20 question.

In a nutshell and in words that most English soccer fans can understand..........Australia are babes in arms when compared to England and other countries on the world soccer stage.

To get as far as we do in world class competitions is a feat in itself and as I previously stated: -

"Taking into account the obvious chasm of disparity between our two teams............I would say that we have already gone half way to scoring the winning goal"

Ha Ha , I win you lose (again !!)

psssssssssst Somebody tell him that 20-20 is Cricket not football

:rotfl:

What did you win?

By the way Trevor, IMMSC the last time we played each other at footy your lot won ! It was a friendly played during Svens time at the helm.

Anybody want to hazard a guess on what our colonial cousins blame this result. !! ??

Now tell those damned Aussies how many times England has won the America's Cup! That'll show 'em!

• Upvote 1

Beefsteak,
It is so sad to see one clutching at anything in order to prove a misguided claim. I dare say that if England went to war with Chad and won, the flags and bunting would be out for such a magnificent and unparalleled victory against an opponent in a battle that you would, naturally, compare with World War 1 and 2 combined!

You quote 2003 and conveniently forget the previous years????

As for the Lions' game with the Combined Country X1, nothing but a hollow victory that even your coach said was against "limited opposition". The might and strength of the combined British and Irish X1 demolished a team assembled from the club rugby sides of country NSW and Queensland. Part time players drawn together to form a team and playing together for the first time and who, despite being outclassed, still took your lot on and beat you in the scrums and made twice as many tackles as your big, brave men.

As the article states:- "It was little more than a training run at times against limited but admirably committed opponents."

I am surprised, Beefsteak, that you are trumpeting such a victory when the game down here did not even warrant TV time!

Let us wait until you play the big boys' teams and see how you fare!!!

And the look on your teams faces when they play Australia......

15808676-smiley-emoticons-face-vector--s

Hold hard sirrah ! My post was :-

Did anybody watch the British Lions today ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22848990

I see no trumpeting the result on our part at all ! And your response warrants my further post @ number 38. so yah booh sucks there fellah !!

PS

You still don't recall the 20-20 world cup then ?

slywinkwereno1

Your posts #35 & 39 are not in any way crowing about your win at Rugby??????????????????

20-20 World Cup 2012 ...http://www.ethnicmedia360.com/Events/CRICKET/ICCWORLDCUP2020.aspx

Your lot went down to Sri Lanka and we lost to Pakistan on the same say...your point???????

:sleeping:

Me . gloat, never !! (I already know what humble pie tastes like to go doing that !!)............................. englandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflag

unionflagunionflagunionflagunionflag

No argument here, Beefsteak......Warner has blotted his copybook once too often IMHO and deserves to be sent home; even if your childish lot instigated the incident. Love to know what was said to start Warner off.

Nearly forgot....it took Mother Nature to beat Australia in their match against NZ. Was well on the road to victory when play was stopped and even the Duckworth system cannot be utilised in this case.

Interesting to see where we go from here?

:(

Apparently it was because 'our childish lot' were in an Aussie bar in Birmingham !! (Probably taking the piss too)

Although how you can call a bar run/owned by an Indian bloke in the centre of Birmingham UK an 'Australian Bar' is beyond me !

From newspaper reports down here, Root and friends were playing around with wigs. It was when Root wore his wig as a beard that Warner clipped him. Must be more to it but we will probably never know!

Indians! They have got their fingers in everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it's all gone quiet over here, oh it's all gone quiet over here.................................. thumbsdown