• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked past Harold Larwood and Bill Voce in Kirkby this morning......couldnt bring mesen to tell em the score......just got a coffee from Subway and sat and drunk it down at 'Long Off''...........

"Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've m

Australian Love Poem Of course I love ya darlin You're a bloody top-notch bird And when I say you're gorgeous I mean every single word So ya bum is on the big side I don't mind a bit of fl

Beefsteak, old boy....

England losing to the Sri Lanka - not good and if you lose to NZ on Sunday.....nighty night!

Never mind, Australia, despite not having its Captain and others will show (prayer) you how it is done (prayer) on Monday when they beat (prayer) Sri Lanka.

Then again, both teams could be on the sidelines for the finals.

South Africa is a bit of a dark horse now they have got all their players back from your lot but even darker (no pun intended but it is true) are the West Indies!

Took your time to crawl out from where ever you were hiding ! I come on here and take the mickey out of England, yet it was over an hour later before the colonials deemed themselves worthy of joining in.

There you are then ,Beefy

Cricket »

Vintage Sangakkara ton too good for England

That's a bit like congratulating the milkman for giving your wife an orgasm

Saying #1. If you've got nowt worth saying - say nowt.

Saying #2. Better to be only considered a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

Beefsteak, your side is up against the NSW Waratahs tonight our time...........could be an interesting match with the Waratahs fresh off an Origins win and your lot calling up some Red Indian papoose called Billy Twelvetrees fresh off the reservation. What next.....Mo Hawk, Peter Pocohontas, Chief Fullabull, LittleBigBoob or Squatting Bare?

On the subject of cricket, Beefsteak, old boy...Our Champions Trophy hopes are not that bright following the non-match against NZ caused by your weather.

Our only hope at this stage of staying in the game is if NZ beats you and we beat Sri Lanka on Monday.

If you beat NZ, you will finish at the top of the pool and the better run rate of NZ to date would still put them ahead of us....even if we manage to beat Sri Lanka.

Still, we are only treating these lead up games as training matches and the means to explore the opposition weaknesses.

We have won enough Champions Trophies and World Cups and no longer need to prove a point like some.

Our focus is purely on the Ashes. :tongue:

That's a bit like congratulating the milkman for giving your wife an orgasm

You get an orgasm every time England get beaten? You must be in a state of perpetual bliss,Beefy!.......

You obviously missed the point.

The punchline is "Doing something for you that you completely fail to be able to do yourself"

Beefsteak, your side is up against the NSW Waratahs tonight our time...........could be an interesting match with the Waratahs fresh off an Origins win and your lot calling up some Red Indian papoose called Billy Twelvetrees fresh off the reservation. What next.....Mo Hawk, Peter Pocohontas, Chief Fullabull, LittleBigBoob or Squatting Bare?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22909553

hellothere

Yes, we were defeated by a considerable margin BUT,

Questions are being raised as to the choice of team members for the Waratahs since the normal Waratah side was missing eight (8) Wallabies and ten (10) Internationals.

People have every right to ask why we fielded a sub-standard team.

However, does the term sucker punch mean anything to you? Your side has only one more try out (Canberra) before the big day next Saturday001039-medium.gif

Then we will see...............................................................................................

I don't know whether it's escaped your attention but our players are dropping like flies too ,3 more have just been drafted in from the English and Welsh teams (The English team have just finished a very successful tour of the Argentine)

I actually managed to watch most of the test yesterday and was extremely happy to see at least two (Yarde and Eastmund) emerging talents totally unphased by their call ups. It was an excellent and exciting second half , regardless of what the scoreline suggests, the Argies were always 'in it' until the last 10 minutes.

Think you might be doing the same as us - protecting the main players for the Tests.

Interesting that we are now playing England, Ireland and Wales. Good job the sun set on the Commonwealth and all those pink coloured countries on the global map or we would be playing an International side next.

Would still beat you though........... :yahoo:

Incidentally.............now we have retired from winning the MotoGP all the time and are giving the rest of the world a chance, your riders are looking very promising to step up to the big time - Crutchlow (if he stays upright) and Smith in the big one and Scott Redding, who is doing great in Moto2. England should be proud! unionflag

Errrr.........you finished a very successful tour against the Argies? The Outer Hebrides 'B' Team would even have a successful tour against that lot! Clutching at straws there, Beefsteak, if you are even remotely suggesting a victory of any form against the argie-bargie, don't cry for me, we want the Falklands back, the Pope is ours; feeble excuse for Rugby team.

Thank goodness for the South African connection!

Justin Rose - born in South Africa but English since the age of five - has ended England's 17-year wait for a major champion and 43-year wait - England the whole of Britain itself - for a champion at the US Open.

I don't count glof (sic) it's chewing gum for the eyes, but a win's a win ......... yada

Andy Murray won the Queens Club open tennis thingy (It was followed by a very entertaining charity match too)...... wereno1

The Argies are only just behind Ireland ( just falling back slightly after we beat them twice ) and they are way ahead of Scotland in the world rankings...... slywink

http://www.irb.com/rankings/

I do notice there's no comments forthcoming from down under re the Cricket. It's been an awful long time since you won a game:-....... pieinface

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/teams/australia/results

All in all a rather successful weekend of sport for Great Britain. .................. isitsafe

Golf.............a good walk ruined!

Beefsteak, to be honest, it's a long time since we played a game - let alone against decent sides.... :sleeping:

No comments on the rest then ??

If you think a 4 nil drubbing by India doesn't make them a decent side then I don't know who are !

Well the Aussies fail to qualify for the semis, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, never mind eh ?

hellothere

Nice fight back at the end, but,,,,,,,,,,,, well I'll leave you to work the rest out for yourselves.

Beefsteak, it was not our fault that we failed to register a score against NZ...........it was YOUR WEATHER!

AND, your ex-Captain publicly alleges ball tampering by your lot as well!!!!!!!!!!!! yada

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22919249

Shame, shame, shame.

AND with regards to "no comments on the rest then" - how can I comment on the Andy (Mummy's Boy) Murray win at tennis, although his win at the Queens Cup seems most appropriate; if you edit your #65 post and add further comments after I have responded (#66) to your initial publication of two (2) lines that referred only to golf and cricket?

Seems not only the England (read International) sports teams utilise chicanery! slywink

And I thought I had alluded to a fine weekend of sport by England

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....................................Sorry , I fell asleep there .

I might be sure it was 'our' fault your lot were just not good enough. You sound just like the wife, blaming me cause she bought inferior burgers to our barbie last night (That ended up burnt by yours truly)

(PSSSSSSST , re Willis and the aledged 'ball tampering' ,he should actually be Australian, (Apart from the fact it was his bowling not Bothams batting that destroyed you in '81) cause he don't half talk bollocks about something he was unqualified to spout off about, especially as it turned out the ball had simply gone out of shape, and was replaced as a natural precaution. )

As for the rest ............................I have no recollection of that your honour ............................................. slywink

That is an amazing revelation by an England supporter....Bob Willis, your ex-captain of the England X1, is unqualified to talk about cricket???? :Shock:

As for ball tampering, I seem to recollect England is not averse to such actions e.g. Atherton in 1994; had a pocket full of dirt that he rubbed on the ball - charge proven and fined $2000-00. More recent, Broad and Anderson in 2010 whereby they blatantly used their spikes on the ball.

Let me quote the England Captain at the time: - "Stuart Broad and James Anderson were wrong to behave in the manner they did and I've no doubt that if a player from another country did the same we'd have said they were cheating."

I suppose that Nasser Hussain, the imported England (International) X1 captain, was also unqualified to make such comments on the game of cricket?? :tongue:

As for drawing a parallel between myself and your wife in as much as where the blame lies in certain issues...we will never know will we, because the outcome was never realised. Your weather destroyed our chances of winning and your cooking destroyed evidence of sub-standard burgers.

I would call that a draw! :yahoo:

It still doesn't stop the fact that we beat you, not vice versa , you also failed to beat Sri Lanka (Who another compatriot of yous was 'bulling up' last week) and you didn't get to the semis and your feet smell and you're mother was a hamster, your father smelt of elderberries, your tennis players are poo, you ain't got a footy team, we're busy tonking you in the Rugby too, other than that , for a bunch of poofters you're a pretty fair dinkum bunch of taxidermists (You stuff animals) and you can't even produce a new glofer, despite all that bush that they can go (Waste of time) walkabout in. And when it comes to the tests :-

WE'RE GOING TO KICK YOU BUMS ..................................................YET AGAIN.

Irritable, tired, unable to face the rigours of life? Blaming everybody for your shortcomings? Is your view on life distorted? Do you resort to name calling due to your obvious lack of command of the English language?

Take a drink of Horlicks each night before bed.

Before too long, you will be your normal, pleasant, genial self that everyone is happy to know.

ps. Sri Lanka beat you soundly by 7 wickets

Adam Scott comes from Australia . as did Greg Norman, Peter Thompson, Baker Finch and a host of others that have ruled the world stage of golf.

Tennis players of the ilk of Newcombe, Goolagong, Lavers, Emerson, Hoad, Hopman, Bradtke, Stosur, the list goes on and on, ruled the world at one time or another.

A Nation such as Australia does not have to resort to identifying their individuals in their respective sports like other countries are prone to do, when every now and then someone does well in their profession.

Australia has a dearth of sportsmen and women who have taken on the cream of the world at a whole range of sports and, despite being a small country when compared to the others in this world; have stepped to the top level of the podium so many times and have held the centre stage so long that it is a pleasure to see other countries that have been hard pressed to produce sportsmen and women of the calibre of Australians finally stepping up to the mark.

It is an indication of the length of time that a country has been away from the limelight of the world stage and the unaccustomed glory of winning, when they start to become too cocksure and repeatedly attempt to demean their opposition.

Australia has never been guilty of casting slurs or attempting to demean the opposition and it is pitiful to see recently successful countries attempting to further inflate their egos by resorting to such tactics.

One should remember that it is inevitable, as proven time and time again in the past, your tenure at the top of any sporting podium is but a fleeting moment in time and you will be back on the lower rungs before too long.

Australia, however, will prevail as it has done since this proud land was first settled and we will be back to watch you eat your words. :angry2::angry2:

Besides, Australians have probably coached your players to their current successes. wereno1