• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked past Harold Larwood and Bill Voce in Kirkby this morning......couldnt bring mesen to tell em the score......just got a coffee from Subway and sat and drunk it down at 'Long Off''...........

"Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've m

Australian Love Poem Of course I love ya darlin You're a bloody top-notch bird And when I say you're gorgeous I mean every single word So ya bum is on the big side I don't mind a bit of fl

OK I'll answer a couple of your 'points' one at a time if I may :-

Sri Lanka beat you soundly by 7 wickets

That they did , they also bowled your lot all out !!

Adam Scott comes from Australia . as did Greg Norman, Peter Thompson, Baker Finch and a host of others that have ruled the world stage of golf.

"Have" being the optimum word here

Tennis players of the ilk of Newcombe, Goolagong, Lavers, Emerson, Hoad, Hopman, Bradtke, Stosur, the list goes on and on, ruled the world at one time or another.

Another word that should have been used there is "Did"

Australia has never been guilty of casting slurs or attempting to demean the opposition and it is pitiful to see recently successful countries attempting to further inflate their egos by resorting to such tactics.

Question , who invented and are renowned for 'sledging' ? (Psst if you didn't see it , they were at it yesterday against Sri Lanka , much good that it did them!)

One should remember that it is inevitable, as proven time and time again in the past, your tenure at the top of any sporting podium is but a fleeting moment in time and you will be back on the lower rungs before too long.

So you're admitting to being inferior now , well done !

:rotfl:

God morning Beefsteak, old bean.

Spiffing match last night, hey what?

Dashed fine result.

What was the score you ask?

I shall have to find the Times again but we do know that your finest were most condescending when they pulled on their boots to play a load of bally provincial colonials, hey what?

What was that you said last time we conversed on this subject, my good man?

You forget. I think that you promised a jolly good show of tonking and kicking bums?

Sorry, old chap, didn't realise that you had lost your voice - dastardly thing to happen.

My commiserations and I hope you find yourself in fine fettle for the weekend.

smile2

Not really surprised at the result were you, 8 of our first 11 out injured , after being kicked all over the park by a bunch of Aussie thugs !!............................ :glare:

I have to admit to being a little sad but then POW, right out of the blue, England qualify for the final of the cup.......................................... wereno1

Look on the bright side at least your lot have an extra weeks rest before we kick your bums again !

(Been fishing since 4.00am our time so have only just got online ! )

PS I didn't know there were two 4.00 ams in a day !!

Simple solution for your Lions.............if you cannot stand the heat - stay out of the kitchen. Then again, your lot are probably feigning injury in order to rest before your next loss.

Congratulations in the cricket.............of course, if your weather had not intervened, it may have been a different story. Still, it's good to see your lot running around and screaming like little girls because they have finally achieved something that they have never done before.

Roll on Saturday....................

It is getting to be a problem!

Interchange benches at the cricket next?

And, what about batsmen scoring a run (or bowlers, fieldsmen securing a wicket) and then running to the end of the pitch and posing for the cameras...like they do in other sports!

Sponsorships and lucrative contracts drive sports these days.

About time they got back to the bloody basics and concentrated on playing cricket.

You were a bit late with that reply there Trevor, I'd gone to bed by then sat here waiting the backlash that didn't happen !

God it's boring , there's nothing happening to slag each other off about (Till Sunday)................................. wereno1

There is the small matter of being on the other side of the planet with different time zones. Also, I relinquish the computer to SWMBO after 1800hrs most nights and do not get back on line until 0730-0800hrs the following morning and then mainly to check for incoming mail.

How many points do you think we will beat you by on Saturday?

Seriously, no joking, be honest...........10, 15 20?????

It don't count any more , they're all Welsh and Irish .............LOL

Beefsteak, that took you a while to work out! Sounds as though you have sensed defeat and capitulated already. :tongue:

Just because your named XV has eight (8) Welsh players (including the Captain), four (4) Irish and three (3) English players and your Replacements have two (2) Welsh, one (1) Scot and five (5) Englanders is why the team is called:

BRITISH and IRISH LIONS unionflag ............not England englandflag but BRITISH and IRISH LIONS unionflag ...........Over 50% of the named team are Welsh (including the Captain) and out of the entire squad named for the game, only approximately 30% are English.

Reason.............England is incapable of putting a team together on its own!

You even had to call in an English OAP from Asia to play for you earlier this week.

Should be a good game this evening - looking forward to it :rotfl:

Well Beefsteak, it was a hard played physical game with some crucial injuries to our lot but, you earned your win.

I am now going to have a triple scotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done but we will be back.

ps. Aren't I gracious in defeat?

Bloody creep !................................................. :rotfl:

PSST I haven't ever called them the English Lions, I've always know we we 'The underdogs' in the side, oh and it was me that showed you that we'd pulled in a reporter to play (see post #62)

Don't forget the crickets coming up.

englandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflag

He who laughs last....................

How come you never mentioned Carl Froch? I feel sure that you could have claimed that as a point over us if you really tried!

Not really necessary, 'cause let's be honest here, you diggadevians are not exactly renowned for providing anybody any good at the " The Queensbury rules" are you?

A few sly digs (physically) on the rugger field weren't good enough , and I'm positive the verbals (which is all you're lot are good (cough , cough) for, ) won't be good enough on the cricket field either!

(And I'm pretty sure our worst will always be good enough to beat your best, so there is absolutely no point in talking pugilism and the relative consequences of a kick off between our worst and your best there either)

:clapping::bravo:

Saving themselves to kick your bum............................. englandflag

Beefsteak....you have gone very quiet about your lot in the recent game of rounders, sorry, cricket.

Seems the dark gents beat you after what some sporting writers report as the mass choking of your lot when the chips were down?

And before you even consider carrying on about our sacking of the cricket coach etc....just remember the 2009 incident where you sacked your coach AND your Captain stood down? So do not bother going there!

And do not even consider braying about your win in the Rugby last night against a fledgling side that was only formed a couple of seasons back and had only three Internationals in their entire line up. That was not a win by any means!

So, Beefsteak old boy, it is Saturday night for the crucial Rugby match and 14 more days for the First Test at Trent Bridge............................. :victory:

Beefsteak old bean, regarding your post # 92 and your comment "Not really necessary, 'cause let's be honest here, you diggadevians are not exactly renowned for providing anybody any good at the " The Queensbury rules" are you?"

I thought that I had responded to your slanderous statement but I evidently forgot to hit the POST button in my eagerness to set you right!

However, you can read the below post that I used to reply to young Stan, because the same lack of pugilistic knowledge is displayed by both of you!!!!!!!!

"I realise Australia never had any world boxing champions".................................Then please tell me who the hell were Lionel Rose, Johnny Famechon, Jeff Fenech, Rocky Mattioli, Jeff Harding Barry Michael, Danny Green or Kostya Tszyu? They all held or still hold world titles in their respective weight divisions and some even held two, three and four world titles when they stepped up a division. Those world titles were successfully defended on many occasions by their respective holders as well.

And current world champions...........Sakio Bika - Super Middleweight WBC, Danny Green - Cruiserweight IBO and Daniel Geale - Middleweight IBF.

Les Darcy never won a world title, but held three Australian weight division titles, including heavyweight. Similarly, Tony Mundine and Dave Sands were Australian Champions but never world title holders.

And we should not forget Joe Bugner, who came out here to Australia, took up Australian citizenship, won the Australian and the Pacific and Australasian Heavyweight Titles and in 1998, won the WBF Heavyweight Title and, after successfully defending that title the following year, retired to a life of ease on the Gold Coast.

No, when I think about it, we haven't had any world boxing champions, have we?

I refer my learned colleague to post # 93

and as for :-

.Then please tell me who the hell were Lionel Rose, Johnny Famechon, Jeff Fenech, Rocky Mattioli, Jeff Harding Barry Michael, Danny Green or Kostya Tszyu? They all held or still hold world titles in their respective weight divisions and some even held two, three and four world titles when they stepped up a division. Those world titles were successfully defended on many occasions by their respective holders as well.

Who did they beat? ....The Dagenham girls pipers ? ' Cause they sure as hell are well known all over the world ................ thumbsdown

"Who did they beat? ....The Dagenham girls pipers ? ' Cause they sure as hell are well known all over the world"

pd661550.jpg

Beefsteak, are we now talking about the Dagenham Girls Pipers? If so, I must bow to your obvious expertise and substantial knowledge on that subject. I have never been interested in such musical escapades but each to his own!

As to who the Australian boxers demolished - just Google their names and your education will be somewhat improved if you take the time to read the text.

Just shows your limited knowledge of the fine art of pugilism! :rotfl:

And as for claiming that fine Hungarian/British boxer , Joe Bugner as one of yours shows just how desperate you've got ......................................... unionflag

Not surprised, he was British then ........................................ :rotfl: