• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked past Harold Larwood and Bill Voce in Kirkby this morning......couldnt bring mesen to tell em the score......just got a coffee from Subway and sat and drunk it down at 'Long Off''...........

"Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've m

Australian Love Poem Of course I love ya darlin You're a bloody top-notch bird And when I say you're gorgeous I mean every single word So ya bum is on the big side I don't mind a bit of fl

Beefsteak,

He is actually of Hungarian, British and Australian nationalities. He just never relinquished the other citizenships when he chose to live in the finest country in the world, adopt our lifestyle and box his way to the title that always alluded him!

He was very proud to call himself Aussie Joe and it was he who thought of that name when he started fighting under the Australian Flag.

For some to belittle his deeds because of his age is utterly ridiculous.

Here in Australia, he returned from a 2 year retirement in 1986 at the age of 36 and his record stands at 11 Wins (6 knockouts, 6 decisions, 1 disqualifications) and 2 Losses (2 knockouts) over the following 13 years.

The man won the heavyweight world title at 48 and successfully defended it the following year before retiring undefeated in 1999 at the age of 49; the oldest ever boxer to hold a world title.

Beefsteak, our discussion on this particular topic will not even go the distance.........best you throw in the towel and get back to supporting your soon to be annihilated cricket and rugby teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(or the Dagenham Girls Pipers) :rotfl:

• Upvote 1

Any admin worth his salt would have read what the topic was originally started about and the original subject matter , before they started shoving their two pennorth into the mix !!!

• Upvote 1

Good morning Beefsteak.....my commiserations on your lot losing the second Rugby Test. You should have won it! Our lot had lost their ball handling skills for most of the game and what with their mistakes,; deserved to lose IMHO.

Anyway, our X1 in white seem to be warming up nicely for Trent Bridge and I wish you the best of British luck in that one.

By the way, I noticed on some of your recent posts that you have apparently succumbed to an irritating 'cough, cough'. You will have to be very careful with that, Beefsteak, because you may worsen it if you swallow those small bones when you eat crow..... :yahoo:

2hr1g5c.jpg

And all washed down with a glass of the Australians latest drink.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Laughing stock

Unlucky for both us and the Ozzies in the Grand prix (Just finished) Hamilton claws back to 4th after being right at the back, and Webber oh so nearly caught the kraut, just .7 of a second separated them at the finish.

(Mind you it's normally a crowbar to separate Ozzies from sheep)

1. A glass of the Australians latest drink would no doubt be Somerset cider.....nice little warm up for Trent Bridge :yahoo:

2. I settled down to watch the race but after Webber got shunted back to 14th, I managed to survive until he had got up to 12th and then :sleeping: ...woke up at 1.30am. So cannot comment. Nice to read that our young Ricciardo got 8th. I did see Crutchlow and Redding do exceptionally well on the bikes. Me thinks either will be your next shining light in the MotoGP arena.

3. Mind you it's normally a crowbar to separate Ozzies from sheep) Wrong, old chap. It is the New Zealanders with the close affection for sheep, you know, your cousins from the land of the long

white cloud!

4. How is the tickle in the throat, by the way. Probably be a lot worse soon? slywink

I did see Crutchlow and Redding do exceptionally well on the bikes. Me thinks either will be your next shining light in the MotoGP arena.

After such a long drought for the Brits, it's great to see Cal and Scott both doing well. :)

Pity that Stoner prefers to drive a ute these days, as there's not much in the way of competition from Aus at the moment.

Perhaps you could try to encourage Troy Bayliss to come out of retirement? ;)

I know, Beefsteak, but what can one do about it.

And another thing, we just had a Muslim sworn into the new Rudd Cabinet........he took the oath on the Koran!

Still, when we win on Saturday and when we win at Trent Bridge.....................................................................

Still, when we win on Saturday and when we win at Trent Bridge.....................................................................

You'll be a very, very, very, old man................................. :tongue:

Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've made Australia your home and I'm pleased that you are happy there but I just don't get it.

One thing I do get is loads of laughs from you and Beefsteak on this thread. I've really enjoyed the banter and it's the first topic I look at when I log into Nottstalgia. Just when I think Beefsteak has got you on the ropes you'll come back with an uppercut and vice versa. Thanks to both of you for the laughs.

"Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've made Australia your home and I'm pleased that you are happy there but I just don't get it."

Michael Booth....Whilst not making the choice, I came to this country with my parents a few weeks before the Beatles did in 64. Since then, I have been afforded many opportunities in this country and have seen most of this land and done many things. My home and heart are now here and I feel I am part of Australia.

After enjoying the lifestyle and benefits over the past 49 years, I am proud to be an Australian citizen and will stand up with the loudest and barrack for this country and all that it stands for!

Perhaps the difference is that where one only stays away from his birthplace for a short time or periods in his life before returning from whence he came, they will always be like you... 'wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham'.

On the other hand, live, embrace and absorb life for nearly half a century in a country other than your birthplace, from your youth to your retirement. Then you just might understand how one can put one's adopted country ahead of a place, that has changed so much over time from what you knew in your childhood; that most of it is but fading memories.

Just quietly though, I do reminisce about the England I called home so long ago and everything being well, have every intention of returning for the first and last time in the near future.

And as for Beefsteak, I enjoy needling him and it is all in good fun and I am pleased that you enjoy the banter.

It is just a shame that Beefsteak is destined for disappointment in his over ambitious claims about English sport in general. But then again, he is an Englishman so what else can you expect. slywink

• Upvote 3

And as a true Englishman I shall gladly help you get back on your feet after we kick your bums next week.

englandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflagenglandflag

STOP, PLEASE STOP! :rotfl: I am laughing so much I can't breathe...................You still think that you have some remote chance of a win?

We are even showing your country, where Raleigh once proudly stood for more than some goateed buccaneer, how to win La Tour De France! How does that ring your bell then?

And the tennis? I can't hear a mention of the tennis in there. Can anybody hear any mention of the tennis? I can't hear a single mention of the tennis.............. unionflag

Notice that's Union flag and not the English one..LOL