Beefsteak, we may have been desperate but the Resurrection approaches:-

Australian Men's XI: 4-307 and you can sense a declaration today if they can get a decent score....plus

Australian Women's XI: Won the ODI at Lords and are now one up in the series.

After the pasting we got over the last few weeks, there may be something for us to gloat about soon!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked past Harold Larwood and Bill Voce in Kirkby this morning......couldnt bring mesen to tell em the score......just got a coffee from Subway and sat and drunk it down at 'Long Off''...........

"Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've m

Australian Love Poem Of course I love ya darlin You're a bloody top-notch bird And when I say you're gorgeous I mean every single word So ya bum is on the big side I don't mind a bit of fl

Family Court Ruling from the Courier Mail, Brisbane, Australia

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Australian Cricket team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

• Upvote 2

Love it !

Oh and Trevor, I recall this same thing happening in the 3rd test, and god came on our side, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Two old phrases immediately spring to mind . one about not counting your Chickens and another to do with clutching at straws.

As for the womens game, may i refer my learned colleague to my previous quotes re womens cricket (Clue, it's sommat along the line of wogball)

Beefsteak, you carp on all the time!! Must be the fact that you go out catching the pest of the waterways as a sport. Strange.

Weather forecast was supposed to be fine for the entire 5 days - I suppose you have been out with the bloody Druids again?

There is nothing wrong with Women's Cricket. They are fine athletes and the expansion of women's sport is a credit to them. Women have just as much a right to partake in any sport that they wish to and for them to compete on the world stage in a broad spectrum of sports is a breath of fresh air.

I for one do not believe that women should be confined to the kitchen, bare foot and pregnant - like some people do!

Besides, our Women's Cricket side are bringing some kudos in for Oz and we need it!

Kudos? How do they cook that then?

Beefsteak, news at ten, sat by my favourite fishing hole with three carp and tench to my name.!!

And I don't have a clue as to the score either as I can't get the cricket on my mobile .

Kudos? How do they cook that then?

Beefsteak, news at ten, sat by my favourite fishing hole with three carp and tench to my name.!!

And I don't have a clue as to the score either as I can't get the cricket on my mobile .

Just found out that rain has delayed the start!!!!!

Told you

God on my side.

Many years since I fished for tench - early teens with my father at the lakes in the grounds of Belvoir Castle. Always seemed to be drizzling, grey and nothing in the keep net!

Back to basics......9-492, declared and put your lot in and what happens - the Umpires again, yes, again, rob us of time by declaring bad light. To make it even more of a farce, the batsmen walk of the ground bathed in sunlight!!!!!!

Actually, the whole day was one to be forgotten. Rain stopped play until the afternoon and then your lot had such a slow over rate that was obviously delaying tactics to ensure a draw; even the crowd was making their annoyance known!

Fairly obvious that Cook had cast aside any hopes of winning the 4th Match like he had bragged about but was now intent in forcing a draw; thereby denying our lot of any chance of a victory. Poor sportsmanship.

The rain gods on your side, your team on a deliberate go slow and then the umpires favouring the batsmen with a bad light decision. Sour grapes - you bet!

Why didn't they turn on the lights like in Durham if the sunlight was not bright enough for your lot to see the ball?

Still, our women play the second ODI at Hove today and up to now, at least your women's team has played with dignity and true sportsmanship!

A fine 51 run victory by our fantastic womens team over a p155 poor bunch of Aussie munters there........................ englandflagenglandflag ................................ slywink

Trevor S # 254

"I for one do not believe that women should be confined to the kitchen, bare foot and pregnant - like some people do"

Neither do I, there's the bedroom for a start & then all the other bl**dy rooms to dust & Hoover!!

Beefsteak, still four more games in the Women's Cricket and unlike you, I quickly learnt over the past few weeks not to start crowing before the series has even reached a half way mark!

As for the Men's Cricket, the pathetic charade continues and your BBC website summed your lot up very appropriately and succinctly in their headlines:-

'England crawl towards safety

England close a dour third day of the final Ashes Test against Australia at The Oval 245 runs behind at 247-4. '

Of course, the emphasis is on the word "crawl" and you can take that which ever way you so desire!

In the same article, Root states that it 'is not viable' for England to score quickly on the third day of the Test....not viable?

'We can still win, says go-slow England

England have defended their snail-like progress on Friday, denying they had already determined that they could not win the fifth and final Test of the Ashes series.

"Never had so many total strangers come up at the end of game and say 'that was rubbish'," tweeted former England cricketer and television commentator David Lloyd.'

God give us strength. Are your lot actually sportsmen who embrace the ideals of cricket and all that it has stood for over the years or, is the England mentality now one whereby if you stand no chance of winning, you will play in such a manner that no one else will?

All that does is destroy the spectacle of cricket for the most important element of the game, the audience. The commentators and guests spoke of their disapproval at the way the game is being played; even the spectators around the ground again voiced their unhappiness at the tactics of your lot for the second day on the trot.

As your own Jonathon Agnew stated: 'They (England) have a responsibility to the spectators playing £100 to watch them to play the game in the right way, and the booing we heard from the Oval crowd on Thursday afternoon reflects that.'

I am sorry to rant on but this is not cricket as I know the game and honestly, Beefsteak, you would have to agree.

Probably the most enjoyable time I have had during this Series is our banter on this site and I thank you for that pleasure, mate. hellothere Until the next England v Australia contest.................................

One or two things you may have missed Cyclops,

Firstly , 'it takes two to tango'. WE can't 'slow play' all on our own!

Secondly, if your lot had kept their stupid fat gobs shut about what you're going to try to attempt to do in the winter series we may have decided to allow you to try to get a result ("Try" being the optimum word there)

Although I have to admit to laughing my socks off listening to Boycott criticizing our debutante bowler (Kerrigan) for a couple of 'wayward' full tosses.

(And there's a certain amount of irony intended re my comment on the womens game, after I've spent the best part of a fortnight slagging them off)

englandflag

slywink

wereno1

Listen here, take your blinkers off, mate!

Firstly, it was your lot who were playing slow and even your bloody lot admitted that! So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, you have just contradicted yourself - 'we may have decided to allow you to try to get a result'.

You remind me of Nero; fiddling while Rome burns.

Even your own media, as well as the disgusted fans at the ground are lambasting your cricket team at every turn for their pathetic, unsportsmanlike performance in this Test but you - words fail me.

I will put your inane remarks down to a man who is too proud to accept that his own countrymen are 'not playing the game'.

I have lost all interest in this current Test series but will never lose interest in correcting your ramblings on what was once a fine, gentleman's game; bought into disrepute by your childish, cheating buffoons. What a laughing stock your lot have become on the world stage!

And I will say again, at least the Women's Cricket Teams are setting an example of how the game should be played!

Aw C'mon, I'm waiting for a whinge that somehow it's everybody elses fault that this 'ere rain that's washed out todays play is everybody elses fault but your lots, (For praying for it three tests back so you'd have some sort of pathetic excuse as to why you've lost )

I forgot another little thing , you go on, and on, and on, add infinitum about our press saying we're not playing as good as we should/can, etc, but you're missing one vital point,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, our worst is far , far , better than your best !!

So shove that up your didgeridoo (And if you correct me on the smelling (SIC) it shows just how pathetic your argument really is) and set fire to it !!

Beefsteak, old pal, as I said some posts back; on the whole your lot was the better side (apart from some indiscretions)and deserved to win the three Tests - end of story!

As for the weather - just a part of playing an outdoor game.

If you and your fellow pagans have been invoking the powers of the elements through you Druid beliefs and paganistic thought processes, shame on you and your kind. God will find out and you will be in deep poo poo!

My criticism is levelled at this last Test wherein your pathetic lot set out with the sole intent of forcing a draw, once they realised they could not win - since you are not going to accept that fact - end of debate!

Your latest posts indicate your mind set by the bluster of your postings.

I know your type of old, a schoolyard bully ploy utilising an incessant tirade of words and insults, often shouted, in a childish attempt to drown out the truth.

Which reminds me, Isn't it time that you were in bed?

BUMP.................http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6214&hl=pets+prayer

Beefsteak, I believe that you have visited our fair shores earlier in your life.

I further believe that you must have had an unfortunate encounter with the infamous drop bears which would explain your ramblings. I could say "think about it" but the drop bears left you nothing to think with :rotfl:

What do you get when you mix the England cricket team with an Oxo cube? A laughing stock!!

And yet again you fail to grasp the basics ...............WE HAVE KICKED YOUR ARSES , YET AGAIN

Sorry, you lost me somewhere around the word bump

Whatever you believe shows the absolute incredulous inability you have in grasping onto the fundamentals of life, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,drop bears (what?) , owt to do with "Jelly Babies?"

I have never been to your armpit of the world, close enough to rub shoulders with the best you could throw in my direction, yes , kicked their arses in the fundamentals of life (6 on to one and still they were left grasping ( as are you) at those straws ) and finally left "The Pomme" on his own standing on khuta beach whilst all around him had fled !. But to your sceptic isle .....never in a month of Sundays, it's full of losers and taxidermists.

Laughing stock you say.....................We kicked your arses yet again say I.

So I suggest that makes you something along the lines of a 'Jus' I.E. not quite good enough to be useful to the general public, but thick enough to be mixed with the other vedgetables that have ideas way above their station, and then flushed straight down the bog.................. cut out the middle man , so to speak !!

Mr Beefsteak,

It is evident that you have had one too many since your rants and ravings make no sense whatsoever. Your posts are incomprehensible and seem more styled of late in denigrating the individual than that of debating the topic of this thread! The second paragraph in the above post is that of a churlish individual attempting to impress others with some fantasy or dream mistakenly experienced for real life following excess ingestion.

Furthermore, I have never belittled or abused the country of my birth and the land in which you choose to reside. I would appreciate it if you would behave in a similar manner towards my chosen country of residence!

Your inability to comprehend the BUMP (the reference to Drop Bears in that thread and their liking for brains and your current inability to think) is a waste of humour as far as you are concerned!

Now, read slowly and out aloud the next few words and just maybe your befuddled mind will grasp what I have tried to explain to you......

'My criticism is levelled at this last Test wherein your pathetic lot set out with the sole intent of forcing a draw, once they realised they could not win'

- since you are not going to accept that fact - end of debate!

I think a few take cricket far too seriously, it's only about 22 men tossing a ball at each other for fun and making every excuse in the book to take their ball home if the weather turns a bit dark.....LOL

Now the ashes, has anyone forgot how that series first started and came about....England's pathetic playing agaisnt the Australians??

Good grief it was a WOMAN, who made that observation too, an ENGLISH woman at that....

It's only a game for Christ sake.......LOL

Ayupmeducks,

It was indeed an Englishwoman bemoaning the fact that the English had lost to those dreadful Orstralian's. So the urn of the burnt bails (Ashes) were a record of that horrible loss.

It has been far more than just "22 men tossing a ball at each other for fun and making every excuse in the book to take their ball home if the weather turns a bit dark" it is as Trevor S has mentioned, about the 'spirit' of the game, which our current Englishmen seem to have forgotten. Or rather to them it's about winning at all costs....