Hi joined

Nottstalgia in Dec 2012 as Mary 1947 don't visit very often as I always seem busy. Just found this page so thought I'd better introduce my self. Born in St Ann's 1947 when houses were not fit for humans so the powers to be said but had a great childhood there. Went to St Ann's board school then on to Scyamore School for Girls had two bothers one went to Morley School the other went to Manvers.

Went into hairdressing then taught it at college. Love traveling just taking off and going any where.

Used to like parties till late till I got older, love this site nice to just have a chit/chat and know that every one who you speak to knows what your on about. I think Nottingham is one of the best citys to have been brought up in. Needs a tidy up now and again but it will do.

Good night sleep tight watch the bed bugs don't bite if they do hit them with your shoe.

Quote from what my mum used to say

welcome hope to see you post more now were in st anns you from.

welcome hope to see you post more now were in st anns you from.

Born on Norland Rd next to Duncum St lived there till married. Then lived on Manning St off Dame Agnes St all my mums family came from St Ann's and dads family from the Medo's lived there in 50s/60s

Strange the many family links between the 2 areas(St, Anns and the Medo`s). I knew of many such when domiciled in Elm Grove. However when my father moved us to Union Rd for a larger house, I found that area much worse than Blue Bell Hill.

Hi Stan

can you remember the Napier Pub top of your road I belive on Friday nights the men who went in there dressed as women they were so good you could not tell what sex they were

We only lived off Union Rd for 1 year before moving to Bilborough (which believe me was quite a decent area in 1951) also I was only 11 at the time and certainly had NO interests in transvestites !

COOL-----

Thanks for reply Stan I am I think a little older than you.