So I'm here! The city looks lovely a nice vibe, a summer day with people dinning al fresco, will be catching up with aunts uncles & cousins on saturday, and a school friend from 40 years ago on Sunday, oh I'm doing the council house tour on Sunday, so if any nostalinauts, want to come along we could have a cuppa afterwards, it's a I free event starts 10.30

Welcome to the city of your roots Sheridan! Yes it was a lovely warm day today but I think you'll need your mac tomorrow! I hope that one or two Nottstalgians can get to meet you on Sunday, enjoy your stay.

It has been a fantastic weeken in Nottingham, my 'Digs' have been perfect at the bottom of Hockley, everything within a few minutes walk, the highlight was a tour of Council House, what beautiful building, I was lucky to be the only person for the 10.30 tour so had the lovely Jill the tour guide, all to my self, turns out she had lived in Sydney AUstralia for 4 years, even got a pic taken of me sitting inthe Mayors throne!,,, must say Nottingham is a very dieffenbachia city to the one I left in 1974' and for the better, sadly the black boy hotel is missing but hopefully nothing else will be destroyed by greedy property developers, and lovely to see my aunts and uncles who saw me last as a 16yo and now I'm 55! Will post pics soon

• Upvote 1

So pleased you've enjoyed your stay in Nottingham Sheridan. Such a shame that a lot of us had prior commitments and weren't able to have a cuppa with you in town. Enjoy the rest of your UK trip and make sure you come back to Nottingham again some time!

Hi Sheridan and welcome to the forum. I notice you like Art Deco. I'm with you on that one mate, wonderful and evocative images. Have you checked out the old Woolworths building on Lister Gate while you've been over? Here's a link you may like, if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.decopix.com/

• 4 weeks later...

My trip was fantastic, it was amazing how little had changed really, as regards the old buildings, I even got to sit in the Lord Mayors "Throne", caught up with a pal from school who i last saw in 1973 as a 15 year old ( do the maths) Gibbo lots of Deco stil in Nottingham, although I failed to find the black glass staircase in the old Co-Op, I visited the place but no one had a clue what I was talking about, its probably hidden behind a Gyprock wall