Old sweets, chocolates and snacks

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I had any spare money I would occasionally invest in one of these:

Re# 130. Maybe the decrease in size of various chocolate bars, snacks and biscuits is due to the enforced introduction of metrication. Also on some I notice, the type of chocolate has altered. Perhaps

I think it was Berridge Rd. Central near to Stanley Rd. Jill although I'm sure lots of sweet shops sold them. I lived on Russell Rd. and loved the shops nearby. Such a choice of newsagents, chippies,

Can you describe Puff Cracknells, Jill?  I can't remember them but the name is ringing faint bells.....Owd up a minit, ahv gorrem:36571109393_91f786ce3b_m.jpg

• 1 year later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, poohbear said:

Nibbits....made by Crooky Crisps in Nottingham and invented by Jim Crookshanks' common law wife Bertha Power, a life long friend of my Mother.

Hi poohbear, could you say more about Jim of Crooky Crisps? I assume your mother also knew him?

Can't comment further Im' afraid...I was just a kid and picked up bits of info from my Mothers chatter.I remember seeing him though and visiting his farm that he bought to grow his own spuds.On the left side of the Ollerton Road up to the Burntstump turn off.

Always remember him showing us a grass field of his and clapping his hands...the whole field erupted into hundreds of rabbits.

Yes that is it. I used to have them all the time, two of my favourites nuts and fudge. Used to have a very distinctive taste.

Went into pound shop and they had the Fry’s Creme bars, original, mint and orange. Didn’t have Fry’s 5 centres though, used to love the pineapple one. 

• Like 2

I liked the original flavour bar. The chocolate had a sort of cinnamon flavour, quite different from any other. I ought to have saved the pineapple part from the five centre bars - I thought that one was horrible.