I have just found out after 30yrs of belting out Karma Chameleon at boozy woozy get togethers and any where it took my fancy,according to my 12yrs old granddaughter that the last two lines of the chorus is Red Gold and Green and not In Golden Dreams as i have been singing,I bet there have been a few nudges and nods in my direction.LOL Any one else had this embarrassment,Just do what i did and say,I knew really I was just testing.LOL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy birthday to you Happy birthday dear Philippa/Ada Happy birthday to you.

Just found this, it's hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv2fVaHSISw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Better hire a PRIVATE room in the Roebuck then

SWMBO used to sing the line (from lay lady lay) that should have been ; lay lady lay, lay across my big brass bed...........as; lay lady lay, lay across my big breasts bare!!.......not had the heart to tell her...............................

HaHa,I'm not alone then,

We never could tell what Procol Harem were singing in Whiter Shade of Pale,in the line after The Miller told his tale,so we sang

That a face as Burs just coshie? now know it is That Her Face At First Just Ghostly You gotta Laugh

:No1:

The one I always got wrong was Hermans Hermits and She's a Must To Avoid . I thought they sang She's a Muscular Guy !

( In my defence , there were a few trans-gender songs about at the time )

The Girl is Mine by Michael Jackson, I thought the first line was 'Every time I wash my underpants' And in The Green Grass of Home, I thought Tom was singing Pair of golden lips like cherries, but it's Hair of gold, and lips like cherries. I could never work out how she had golden lips.

Agree with you on the Desmond Decker tune !

Another one for me was Gimme Shelter by the Stones . But it was the fabulous straining backing vocal of Merry Clayton who I always thought sang :

" Poor Mick Taylor is just a shout away "

instead of

"War , children , is just a shot away"

Well Mick Taylor was in the group !

Merry Clayton doing the whole song :

In the Sound of Music,The song titled The Lonely Goatherd,in the line

High on a hill stood a lonely goatherd

My husband has always sang High on a hill stood a lonely soldier (bless) Lol

Everlasting Love by Love Affair, first line' Hearts go astray' sounds totally different to me, possibly unprintable here for tender ears, and those who like myself have lead a sheltered life.

In "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic, one of the lines is most definitely: "I know that the hot dogs go on"!

In Shania Twain's "Feel Like a Woman" there is a line that sounds like "men in short, short skirts"!

• 1 month later...

Gorranuthaunfaya BUMP

My son, who is very much a heavy rock fan,gave me this for you rockers.

In Ozzy Osbournes song Bark At The Moon,my laddo has always belted out.....Years spent in Torment

Buried in a neighbors grave

If you listen carefully it should be....Buried in a nameless grave

HaHaHa how uncool is that :huh:

On around 2.50 of the Frankie Valli song "My eyes adored you" it sounds like he sings "I wont ever forget you My Chocolate friend" when it's actually "My Childhood Friend"

I've got a list of 'mis-heard lyrics' somewhere. Mostly fairly rude, but all very funny.

Do you remember the Maxell adverts - where they had people holding up what they thought were the lyrics to songs.

Desmond Dekker's 'The Israelite' became 'Me ears are alight'.

And 'Into The Valley' by The Skids (which you can't decipher at the best of times due to Richard Jobson's attempt at an american accent):

Into the valley
Peas sure sound devine
That Sissy Suffered You
But who can Viv Iron
The Soldiers Go Marching
There's masses of Lamb.....

Worth having a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAsmf1LGcpA

One I particularly like is 'I Can See Clearly Now' by Johnny Nash which becomes:

'I Can Deidrie now Lorraine has gone, I can see all lobsters in the bay'.

In a slightly different setting, a friend who worked at Derby Loco works said that when he was little, on Sunday afternoons his mother used to take him to a service at a local Methodist chapel. Well-heated chapel and roast beef and Yorkshire pudding would take their toll on concentration spans, but he enjoyed the hymn singing. There was a hymn that was often sung, containing the line "Weak and sinful though we be..." - which George always thought was "We can sing, full though we be."

So after all these years of singing 'Lucy in Disguise with diamonds' i have just been told by my grand-daughter, once again, i have got it wrong, "Nannar its Lucy in the sky with diamonds" OK ner ner na ner ner pieinface smarty pants.

When I was little and we learned God Save The Queen in the infants, I thought we were singing, Send her Victorias, as in plums.

WHAT? :ohmy:

You mean I've been singing the wrong words all these years? :blink::blush:

• Upvote 1

Have a listen to Police singing Message in a Bottle.

The first line of the second verse it sounds like Sting sings....A year has passed since i broke my nose.

Really is............................................................................A year has passed since i wrote my note

:rolleyes: :wacko: :blink:

Have a listen to Police singing Message in a Bottle.

The first line of the second verse it sounds like Sting sings....A year has passed since i broke my nose.

Really is............................................................................A year has passed since i wrote my note

:rolleyes: :wacko: :blink:

on another police related song i always hear them sing " sue lawley sue lawley" in the song so lonely! and now you will too!

another long time wrong lyric with me is toto's "rosanna" which i thought was about mr spock because, instead of -

" Not quite a year since she went away, Rosanna yeah"

i always heard-

"got pointed ears since she went away, Rosanna yeah"!