Hi,

My name is Alex, i am a local from nottingham.

I have a real love of everything regarding history and how things have changed over time. I love going around nottingham and taking pictures of the things I see.

Feel free to look at some of my work on my site: alexkocanphotography,net or on my open group on FB of alex kocan photography.

i'd love to talk to anyone that has a passion for history. it is something ive always enjoyed learning about.

alex

a warm welcome to alex and loco bob i guess you were a railway man then bob .

• 2 months later...

Hi Alex. Sounds like you do a lot of things that I do. I have been photographing Nottingham and Nottinghamshire for the last 30 years or more. I have something like 10.000 pics stored on my hard drive, some of places that have disappeared like all the derelict factories down Plantation Side nr Bobbers Mill.

I had this weird idea that when I got into my 60s I would have more time for stuff like that, also photographing my beloved steam trains and disappearing remnants of the old derelict railways around Notts. How wrong can you be. I seem to be working harder and doing loads of other things more now than I did 30 years ago.

I am still doing loads of photography around Mansfield where I live but occasionally me and my wife have a trip down to Nottm where I was born and have a day seeking out hidden corners.

I may put some of my pics on here but being new to this I still have to work out what to do.

• 5 years later...