Nightclubs in the 70s and 80s

I think the one Carl is referring to, was the Mardi Gras which took over the premises when the Bierkeller closed down.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recall going to Isabella's one winters night for a friend's 21st party in about 1975. The stipulation was fancy dress. I went as a bishop and I had to carry one of the girls from work there from t

Here comes Mick now!

The artists appearing at the regions night spots used to double book back in these days. My mate used to taxi them about from time to time. He related to me that on one occasion he had to take Tommy

On 12/14/2016 at 4:52 PM, Trinity said:

Does anyone remember The imperial on St James Street where all the bikes parked down the middle of the street and Mortimers on a Saturday with Metal Mickey and The Boat Club on a Saturday Rock City was Friday night x

I remember it well, but mostly on a Sunday night, with bands that couldnt make the Saturday gigs. The front of the pub was just the pub, with the acts down the side passage and at the rear of the pub. Still a decent turn out though. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2013 at 12:47 PM, Beefsteak said:

Arabellas was in what is now "The Ramada Inn"

Anabels was under "The Malt House" now known (If it's still there) as "The Pit and Pendulum" at the top of Victoria Street

Can anyone remember the DJ at Anabel's?

• 4 years later...
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nightclubs in the 70s and 80s

I can remember it. Wasn’t it run by 2 Greek guys ? I might be wrong.