We have decided to come to Notts for the Armed Forces Celebration Day and wondered if any of you Lucky people who still live in Notts can give us any personal advice on parking for the day,it is to expensive in Vic and Broad Marsh centers,we would like some where for about 4/5 hours if possible.Any tips would be appreciated Miducks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My claim to fame is, I once parked my battered old Ford Anglia outside the Council house. My son had been invited to tea with the Lady Mayoress. We had two disabled badges for our two sons. A police s

Well that was a first for me today. My Mum was taken to QMC on Saturday while I was "dahn saff", so on the way home yesterday I called at her house, picked up papers, cancelled milk and got her a goo

Quick @carni there’s a space bang on the front  

carni try the tram park and ride site on wilkinson st then go into city centre by tram parking is free and i think its about 3 pounds fifty each for all day travel on tram know its free for nottingham oap passes but not sure about out of town oaps if you want to go to the embankment you would need to get a bus out of townto trent bridge think busses except all oap passes or it could be half price about 1 pounds fifty each . tram also has park and ride at the forest.

Thanks Babs,will take you'r advice,i'm not sure if our bus passes will be valid in Notts,but i will find out,we are really looking forward to the event and a day in Notts.

think its about the cheapest and fairly safe ways of parking for longer visits to city wilkinson st and the forest have quite large carparks and well visable to passing trams and other transport so a bit safer than back sts ect and people comming and going all the time making it safer

i dont go into town that often but as i have blue badge i i lucky to get free parking for up to 3 hours in all nottingham carparks and if i go to get a loan mobility schooter i get a designated parking spaceat broadmarsh and vic centre so i dont usually have any problem as i ussually only go to one centre on one day and 3 hours is ussually plenty of time for my needs but it certainly dose help. but if we going into the city centre at night or on my own to meet ups ect we go to wilkinson st and get the tram in if i am going on my own dave drops me off and picks me up from thereeasier and saferon the tram than the busand easier to get on and off for me

that would be another sugestion but i thought they only run till about 6.30 pm so if you want to stay later it might be a problem

Bus passes issued elsewhere than Nottingham will not be valid on the trams, but can be used on ordinary service buses (maybe not all park and ride buses) anywhere in England - but not Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland !

Thankyou for the information,We will be coming into Nottingham past the power station and Clifton Campus, so we should be not far from The Embankment,will probably arrive around midday and spend 3/4 hrs there,Looking forward to seeing what will be happening throughout the afternoon,Its a shame we dont have Nottstalga badges and we could say hello if we meet up.

Can you give some suggestions for parking for a concert at the Ice Stadium (whatever it's called now) in November? Will be a Saturday night and coming in from the M1 at Nuthall, but concert will probably not finish 'til about 11'ish ?

Commo #14

In the evenings I always park on Heathcote Street.

Arrive around 6pm and you will find the street empty.

Pay £1 AFTER 6pm for two hours then parking is free.

Arriving later you may struggle to get a space!

If you are early for your appointment call in to see Sam at The Balti House and treat yourself to an evening Balti Set meal.

Tell him I sent you :)

BaltiHouse_zps26eb190e.jpg

The Balti House Tandoori Restaurant, Hockley Nottingham.

The Balti House Restaurant Reviews, Nottingham,

Heathcote St Parking charges
Mon - Sat (8am-6pm)
£1.00 for 30 minutes
£1.00 per additional 30 minutes

Mon - Sat (6pm-8pm)
£1.00 (for the two hours)

Sundays (8am-8pm)
£1.00 for 2 hours
£0.25 per additional 30 minutes
A minimum fee of £1 applies in all zones.
On-street parking is FREE between 8pm and 8am.

Other areas: http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=19770

For anyone needing parking during theday in Nottingham, theres a furniture shop on the corner of Huntingdon street and Great Freeman Street called 'Aura' you can park there until 6pm for £4 all day. I work in Nottm 3, sometimes 4 days a week and its certainly cheaper than the multi stories

Now you've told 'em that Susyshoes you'll never find a parking spot for yourself! I know that car park but only ever used it to go into the store, but it is handy for Vic Centre.

Many thanks for the info, much appreciated. I'm not going, it will be my 2 daughters, so I can now do a bit of research for them.

Mick, not into Balti myself, but they are and I will pass on your suggestion!

Commo, the best way to park for the arena would be to use the tram stop at Phoenix park and use the tram to get into Nottingham, parking is free, it is very close to the motorway at Nuthall. The car parks close to the arena are all very busy and after the show it is a nightmare to get out of them.If they were to use the tram there would be no need to drive into the city, as it is a bit of a struggle driving in the city if you are not sure of where you are going.

• Upvote 1

I have a fond memory of the old multi-storey in Trinity Square. I was staying in Sussex one time and brought my m-i-l up to Nottingham for a couple of nights stay. We stayed at The George Hotel, but driving and parking around that area is a nightmare, so we went in the multi-storey. As we were walking out to go to the hotel, the guy who works in there got chatting and I was telling him how hard it was to drive around Nottingham anymore. He asked where I was from, so I told him. Later on, coming back into the car park again with the car, we were in a queue of cars on the street, and the same guy was on the pavement and saw me in line, yelled, Heh Arizona Kid, come this way. He directed me into another entrance to a private part on the ground floor to park. What a nice man.