• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or Freda Avenue off Westdale lane?

Aah yes I misread '1 topic' for 1 post

I lived on Kelvin Road, Thorneywood as a child and well remember what we called Donkey Hill. It seemed VERY steep then. Used to play around the Holly Gardens area where there was a pickle factory. Als

• 11 months later...

Banjo48.

Mentioned elsewhere, miner Phil Cross from Gedling pit, lives on Berry Hill Grove, did you know him?

if this is the phil im thinking of, heavy set black guy, any idea how i can contact him i have

a relative he knew back in the 90s who passed away. feel free to leave a pm ty

also left message on yahoo messenger

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I used to go up donkey hill to my aunts house on hallem rd off of lees rd mapperley. When i had a pushbike, i would always try to cycle up but never got further than blue bell hill rd. That is, until i got my Raleigh runabout, that made it easier to get to the top !.

Waddo you did well to get to the top, you say it was on a Releigh runabout sorry for asking but is this some sort of moped? not a push blke.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, radfordred said:

Crikey .... price of petrol - photo Tim Phillips 

D6uFafIWwAAnFbI.jpg

used to be a red phone box and a police station where the garage now stands, and i think St Ann's Well is in this vercinity also missing are the trolly bus wires as the number 47 would turn around and go back,. across the road just a little to the left was the ""Wessi Pub"" (West minister) just thought i would give you a useless bit of info.

Yes Mary, it was a moped, but it wouldn't get up donkey hill without a bit of assistance from my legs. Those were the days, i even went to skeggy on it!, Seemed to take for ever, 30mph max!!. Bit different to what I ride now.