Rene and Renata did a crap record, so crapin fact, that I can't remember for the life of me what it was called!

It's just come to me, I think it was ' Save your love for me'

I'd be a bit blinkered, It'll be Elvis, Elvis, Elvis, sure folk would get a bit fed up!

I'd be a bit blinkered, It'll be Elvis, Elvis, Elvis, sure folk would get a bit fed up!

GREAT records of the 60's 70's 80's - Not recorded by ELvis!

Wouldn't get many Mick! Seriously you get pleanty, Billy Fury, The Big 'O', Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Marty Wilde, must I go on!

The ultimate crap records of any decade has got to be anything by the Carpenters!

as soon as the dirgeful tones of Karen Carpenter rend the air one would feel instantly depressed, thus it became of paramount importance the source of the caterwauling be found as soon as possible to save shooting oneself through the head!

Sorry, I found one from the 60's!

PUFF, the magic dragon lived by the sea

And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee...

Listen now Sanity Warning!

I am not sure this is politically correct nowadays!

puff7.gif

• 15 years later...

Does anyone else have a copy of Nottingham City by Stuart Stevens on the Sherwood Records label? There is no date on the record label but l bought it in the late 60s or possibly 1970 from the remaindered and ex jukebox record stall on Newark market. l remember he assistant had bet his boss that somebody would buy one.

The B side is Don't Say Goodbye written by Stuart Stevens, so not the usual version.  

Never heard of it and it is too obscure even for the Record Collector Rare Record Price Guide...Either that or it is below £6 in value..which is their lower limit for listing.

On 1/29/2006 at 4:20 PM, pemberton said:

In my humble opinion..Elvis was hugely overrated as a musician.

On 1/28/2006 at 4:32 PM, mick2me said:

Dance yerself Dizzy - Liquid Gold

Liutenant Pidgeon - Whoever/whatever

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Whoever

Lt Pigeon was 'Mouldy Old Dough'

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep was by Middle of the Road... also Mack and Katie Kissoon  I have a small claim to fame there..in that a former landlord of my local was a cousin of Lally Stott, who wrote Chirpy etc., and died in a traffic accident in 1977.

That must be the chap. He must have been trying to establish himself as a recording artist although both the title and Sherwood Records seem to have been expunged from all records.

ln reply to DJ360 it's probably worth nearer 6p than £6.