Anyone heard about a house with supposed poltergeist (!) on Valley Road Sherwood???

It's a detached house on the same side & just before The Fox Pub (going towards Arnold). It was owned by Sketchleys for years & years from the 30's or 40's ish - then in more recent years rented out but apparently no tenants stayed for too long due to the haunting ! I am not a great believer in that type of thing myself but l love local history & stories & wondered if anyone else had heard about this house?

No long term history on the property...in the 1800s it was just fields...so not a monastery or anything.Maybe if it's a modern ghost that's why they have a huge CCTV camera pointed at the front door. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

true that no one seems to stay in it long its often empty for months at a time but have never heard any ghost stories about it

• Upvote 1

Sounds silly now but my wife swore we had a ghost in our old house in Carlton, the house was only around 20 years old but she was certain she had seen a little boy standing on the landing several times.

I always poo pooed the idea till one week end we had been out on the Saturday evening and yes we had had a couple of beers each, but no where near intoxicated as I was driving.

My wife awoke in the night to visit the loo, and I heard her say "come on go back to bed will you" When she came back to bed from the loo, I asked her who she was talking to and she said "Oh it was only Paul out of bed,(our 6 year old son) I said "it can't be as he is at his grammas overnight"

We both jumped up and looked around but there was nothing ! but my wife was very nervous after that episode.

She had several sightings before and after that, always in the middle of the night ! And always a small boy !

I might add she is level headed and not the type to let her imagination run wild, but she always swore there was something there in that house.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The house on Valley Road, Sherwood is mentioned on the website below back in 2003; Posting #8. Jo of Sherwood had no responses to her posting and strangely enough, it was a Jo of Sherwood who posted a thread the day before advising that she lived in a haunted house in Perry Road!

Take time to read the other postings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/have_your_say/ghost_stories.shtml

Also found this link regarding paranormal sightings in Notts which has some interesting links to topics mentioned on this Forum, including the figure at the Water Tower at Kimberley, the Cavaliers seen at the Hippo Nightclub and one for you, Ashley, regarding the resident ghost at the Manvers Arms in ROT. I did not know that the Manvers was formerly a morgue!

...............They are out there - believe it or believe it not.

• Upvote 1

Ooooh spooked now ! Thanks for all the comments it's so interesting to hear different perspectives - thanks for the links too Trevor & Cliff, very interesting.

I thought I'd ask about it as I was helping my friend delivering brochures on Valley Road a few years ago & that house for some reason gave me a bad feeling when I walked up the path & posted a brochure - never had that before or since, probably nothing but wanted to hear if anyone else had any stories or history on the house so thank you everyone !

• 1 year later...

This one? http://goo.gl/maps/A72cB

I think it might have been mentioned somewhere on Nottstalgia before, but I'm stuffed if I know where.

Hi I came to this sites from reading about this poltergeist , and I wondered if any of you have noticed the figure in the top right bay window, here is a link at the angle with which you can see something in the window or it could just be a trick of the light with the net curtain.

https://goo.gl/maps/x7wrJ

• 5 years later...

Hi. I know this is an old post but wondering if anyone has heard anything since as if it is haunted? I'd love to. Investigate it. I live on Hucknall Road and going towards Bulwell way, just before lights on to Heathfield road there's a house and no one stays in it long, 6 to 24 months and it's for sale again.