Blessed Litha, Summer Solstice,.......ancient celebrations or a load of old tosh? Blessed Be :-)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bright Blessings to you all at Yuletide. Todays the time to bring in your yule log and put up holly to protect your home. Just been reading the last few posts on here. Peverilperil I believe in the

Me too @plantfit wonder how long it will take the IKEA security guards to throw me out?

Here we are at the Winter Solstice once again. Time to bring in your Yule Logs. This connection to trees goes back to the beginnings of our time on this earth. Soon it will be the first day of the Ce

You mean you DON'T dance naked at midnight around the pine trees????

Load of old tosh in my opinion. My ex brother-in-law was a Druid. He was quite an ordinary sort of chap with a good job, loving wife and two smashing daughters. Suddenly he took an interest in this stuff and became a 'white witch'. When he got home from work he would spend all evening talking on the phone to other witches. Eventually my sister-in-law had had enough and chucked him out, after 24 years of marriage. He then got hooked up with a much younger witch and they had some sort of wedding ceremony on the top of Primrose Hill in London, which has something to do with Druids and the like. He had another child with this woman and then split up with her. He moved to Brighton and decided he was gay!! A few years ago he died ...... At his funeral were 3 ex wives (he was married before he married my sister-in-law) plus his gay partner. Anyway, it's a load of old tosh, I used to really get on with this chap but he really did become very strange when he got interested in Druids

• Upvote 2

I'm Sorry but you cannot be a 'Witch' if you are a Druid.....they are totally different things with different beliefs.....so many of these 'SO CALLED' new religions are all mingled together ...and as soon as anyone who doesn't believe gets hold of them they suddenly become ' naked dancing, tree hugging, devil worshippers '...........

So......................................doe's getting married thrice make you gay?.................only got another one to go..................... :secret:

Paganism is the forerunner of most other religions, and most if not all of Christian festivals have their roots in paganism. Unfortunately some folk do take things to the extreme, using it as an excuse for bizarre behaviour.

Sorry if I'm confused Fynger #4, I remember him stating he was a Witch and I have wrongly assumed he was a Druid because he married on Primrose Hill.

And Paulus, # 5, yes ........ Stick at two!!

So......................................doe's getting married thrice make you gay?.................only got another one to go..................... :secret:

I better let my missus know then. I'm her third husband.

Oo-er.

I better let my missus know then. I'm her third husband.

Oo-er.

Hi Rob.L, (is the L for Luvvy?).................fancy going out for a couple of Babycham's, sweetcheeks?

I am not religious at all, but if I had to choose a belief, I think I would choose to be a Druid, and follow the Wheel of the year, I have known several people who are Druids, and I have also been to a Beltaine ceremony with a Grove on Borrough hill near Melton Mowbray, and one thing they told me was no serious Druids would ever go any where near Stonehenge for the solstice.

And how many Druids have started a war, compaired to other Religions.

That's only because there aren't many Druids....LOL

What's the verdict Lizzie, am I wasting my time?.......................... slywink

Rob's not partial to Babycham Paulus, offer him a Carling Black Label and he might be interested!

• 1 month later...

Blessed Lammas, the festival of the first of the harvest. The promise of what is to come. Also called Loaf mass, to celebrate the first grain and its bread, and Lughnasadh, to mark the decline in the sun as the days get shorter. The first origins of the gingerbread man who represents the Sacrificial King.......(as in sacrifice of harvest goods not humans!)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Blessed Mabon - the celebration of the final harvest. all is safely gathered in. A time to look back and reflect on the past year, for old squabbles to be forgotten. Mabon is the last of the eight Sabats in the Wheel of Life. Corn dollies were made from the last gathered ears of wheat and hung in homes to bring luck for the following year.

It is also the Autumn Equinox when the daylight hours are the same length as the night time hours. A time of balance. The days will now shorten quickly as winter draws near.