I love a bit of boxing , especially our local lad, he has such a talent, and also cause I know his Dad really well, but i didn't hear about any award for him.

Well done Carl lad, here's another cough cough ,'ex pat' proud to say he loves yer style!

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...

Carl, our own Carlton Lad has done well tonight by retaining his titles, things didn't look good for him in any round up to him prevailing as the ref stopped him punishing Grove. As Carl himself said he had got free shots at his opponents at the end and serious damage could have been done if the ref had not stepped in. Well done Carl.

I love a bit of boxing , especially our local lad, he has such a talent, and also cause I know his Dad really well, but i didn't hear about any award for him.

Well done Carl lad, here's another cough cough ,'ex pat' proud to say he loves yer style!

Hi beefsteak

I met carl years ago before he got mega famous he was a young lad living near my firms offices at the bottom of westdale. I think at the time his mum ran the sporting chance pub in the old brick works at the bottom of porchster road a really nice lady as I recall.

If the ref hadn't stopped it then Groves would have been knocked out. The ref is close to the fighters and can see their condition better than the chap in row Z who is booing because the fight was stopped. We don't want another Michael Watson who ended up brain damaged, do we?. Groves did well in the early rounds but was starting to tire whereas Froch comes on stronger in the later rounds. Should be a good rematch, if it ever comes off, especially if they can get it on at the City Ground.

• Upvote 2

Of course I taught him all he knows yer know.

Remember the so called boxing ring at Meadows Old Boys club?

It wus me 100% record that impressed him. (3 bouts, 3 losses, all inside two rounds) Hehehe!

I was okay until they hit me - the draught from a missed punch used to put me down!

Even though he is only human and suffers from the same foibles as do every one else, I find it amusing that no one has any bad recollections of Carl or his dad. I didn't know either of them and with his great boxing record I would be startled to read any thing bad. No one ever heard Joe Calzaghe swear or spit either, and , I hasten to say...if Mike tyson ever moved into the house next to me I would defend his terrific human rights campaign to the hilt.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Knew his dad Frank, who I have not seen involved with Carls fights?

HE probabley cant afford it,ive just seen the prices for the Froch v Groves encounter at Wembley.you lucky people can have a ringside seat for only(wait for it) £1500,what planet are these boxing folk on.

You have to remember that £1500 is like a fiver to a lot of people. If you want a ringside seat then you have to pay for it. When I watch it on TV I'll be looking out for you, benjamin1945. On second thoughts, a chap with your fame and good looks will be surrounded with beautiful ladies so I probably wouldn't see you anyway...lol

The second fight will be different to the first in that Froch won't make so many stupid mistakes. I think that Froch took Groves too lightly last time but he won't be doing that at Wembley. Boxing needs a good fight because the recent fights have all been so one-sided. This is one of the reasons that people are choosing to watch UFC instead.

AAW SHUCKS MICHAEL,the way youve put it i will there then,lol,watch out for me wont you :biggrin:

There shouldn't be a re match. Frock won, that should be it. It only because Groves is a smarmy whinging Cockney that anyone is bothered. Come on Karl, destroy him.

• Upvote 1

Agree 100%, basfordred but money talks. It's going to be the biggest British fight in history and I'm sure that it will be a sell-out at Wembley. With it being shown in the USA and around the World, it's going to make megga money. If you're a cynic, you'd be thinking that, if the result went the right way and the money that's involved, there'd be a Froch/Groves 3.

Just a thought... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

CARL FROCH GREAT BOXER AND PROBABLY NICE LAD,BUT PLEASE CUT OUT THE PRE FIGHT STUPIDITY,IT DOES YOU NO FAVOURS TO THE REAL BOXING FANS.

IT ONLY PANDERS TO THE HOOLIGAN ELEMENT WHO HAVE NO CONCEPT OF THE NOBLE ART" AND DOESNT SET ANY EXAMPLE TO YOUNGSTERS.

CASSIUS CLAY WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT AWAY WITH IT,AND ALL WHO HAVE TRIED TO FOLLOW JUST LOOK FOOLISH.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 months later...

Oh God, I do hope Froch wins and silences that arrogant little cockney pri6k once and for all.

• Upvote 1

I don't profess to know a lot about boxing but this fight is being billed as the biggest fight in the UK since the War. Which war are they on about?

• 4 months later...