• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was at Fairham but I knew a number of girls who went to Clifton Hall. Sue Ellis and her sister Lynne, and their friend Adrienne Black. I had the biggest crush on Adrienne. This is the early 60's. Miss Heron headmistress?

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Fairham in the early 60s. Also knew some girls who went to Clifton Hall. Janice Banks, Linda Robinson, Susan Charlesworth & Janet Bancroft, went out with Janice for a time, wonder what happened to her? My sister went there too. Julie Litchfield.

• 8 months later...

It is a fine old building but when I went to look about ten years back, it looked semi-derelict. Next time I went, probably two or three years ago, it was sad to see that it is now hemmed in by some modern houses. But if you get the chance to look around it, grab it..

Never saw any ghosts there in all the years I went there.

• Upvote 1

I heard that my University (Nottingham Trent) owned it for a time actually! Would have been a fine chance to get a look around. Here's a picture I took of it 4 years ago on said wedding from the graveyard around the side of the church. Looks occupied as I can see a car parked in front?

b6ccf03b55c057567fa3a0b2ab78751d.jpg

• Upvote 1

Didn't take a lot of notice at the time but a property developer called Chek Whyte (think that's the right spelling of a made up name!) bought it and lived in it. He also bought a couple of other big old mansions. He was on that 'Secret Millionaire' programme a few years ago. I believe he was declared bankrupt 2 or 3 years ago. I'm sure if you google him you'll get more of a story about the guy.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Hello all - I am hoping you might be able to help me with a bit of research I am doing. I am looking into the history of the school as part of the background research for a modern day ghost story I'm working on (based on Anwar Rashid's story) for tv. Can you remember, were there any male staff working there when you were there? I only ask because we might be fictionalising a teacher ghost for our drama and we don’t want to offend any actual male teachers who may have worked there at the time by inadvertently using their name, as you can imagine.

If anyone can help out with names of any male members of staff there while you were there I’d really appreciate it. Then we can make sure we don’t overlap with our fictional ghost. Perhaps there weren't any? That would be ideal!
Thanks so much everyone.