Embarrassing Moments

Hi Carni,

Your Mistery Bridge, about a month before your post I set off complete with dog to cross this bridge from the Burton Road Conway Road Junction I entered the cricket field and walk along the cinder path. The first thing I noticed was the public toilets had gone, how inconvenient I though, then I noticed the Dyke had gone, Kids cannot have any fun any more came to mind, Bearing in mind that the hour was late and darkness had fallen, I finally arrived at the railings protecting the line from the local kids. More railings were in front of me, newer ones. The bridge has gone love!

Elsewhere in this tread someone mentioned the crossing on Victoria Road had gone, alas this is not true, it still remains the main escape route to Netherfield in the early hours for the toerags that have been out theiving in Carlton & Gedling.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUMP Oh my goodness, Is there any hope for me? I've been at it again. We arranged to take daughter shopping to the big Tesco at Dudley.   As we were all ready to go and I had my Gilet o

I hope to god that never happens to me, don't wear .............night attire......

BUMP After spending a very nice break in a Smugglers Cottage in the heart of Looe. I thought I would share this moment with you. It is a 15th Century Grade 2 listed building, made very comfortabl

Couldn't find my heariing aids yesterday. They were in my ears. It's an age old (old age) problem!

:)

Reminds me of the two old dears having coffee, and one says to the other "Do you know you have a suppository in the your ear". Her friend looks up with a big smile and says "Now I know where my hearing aid is".

my most recent embarrassing moment was in subway on Saturday. I had just visited Hannas grave & I wasn't with it afterwards. But little one and the other half were hungry so I agree to get them some lunch. after ordering our subs it came to paying. the woman said £9.98 & somehow I lost my ability to count!! so I gave her £6 in £2 coins, she looked at me and repeated the amount, so I gave her £1, she looked at me again confused, I said yeah? she said, I need that £3 in your hand so I can give you 2pence change. luckily I managed to nervously giggle it off saying I really wasn't with it, I must of looked so dence! especially that someone I know works there and kept looking over.

• 8 months later...

Went to Doncaster to pick up a hard shell seat for the trike,never met the guy before but followed his instructions as to how to get to his house, arrived in plenty of time but no one was in, saw a guy who lives next door and he told me the occupants wouldn't be back before tea time, to make sure I had got the right house I said "I't's Carl isn't it?" "that's right he said and went back in his house,a couple of minutes later he came out again and asked me "is it about the seat" yes was my reply,it turns out I was waiting outside the wrong house, It was his house ( Carl) I should have been at not next door, I had got the wrong number, what a prat, after spending quite a bit of time with the guy talking about trikes and triking and having a cup of coffee I left with my new seat, it wasn't until me and Mrs plantfit got to the shopping center in Doncaster that I realised I was wearing odd boots and they were obviously odd to look at as well, heaven knows what my new triking friend thought of me,suppose you could call that a double senior moment

Rog

I had a chargehand who's nickname was "oddsocks" He always said he had another pair like them at home...

• 3 weeks later...

In town a while back, waiting for my other half to catch up with us, walking past the gadget shop I grabbed a guys arm continuing to walk 'should get one of those!' I said to a remote controll car going up walls. Continuing to walk along, I said so where we grabbing lunch? I then decided to look at who I was talking to, to see a few confused chap walking along, looking at me quite confused. What confused me was why he didn't say anything?

Most recent was at work, I was about to polish some cutlery, I stood holding a jug of hot water with forks in when I started talking to someone, holding the jug near my stomach area, I forgot I was holding it! Dropped it all over myself and the floor, forks and water everywhere! What a numpty!

Far too numerous to mention . Me and my big trap.

• Upvote 1

Way back in the late 1980s I was mainly working in an operating theatre. Thats when we were still using wooden poles which fitted into sleeves either side of a canvas to lift the patient onto the operating table. The theatre porters would put the poles into the canvas. The handle would appear at my end and then we would lift. The theatre trolleys are groin height.

One fine day, a porter practically threw the pole into the sleeve and caught me in the unmentionables. I went down like I was shot. The porter pushed the emergency buzzer and the whole of the theatre staff saw me curled up on the floor whimpering.

Next day I had a cartoon from Viz posted on my locker - buster gonad carrying his bits in a wheelbarrow.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

BUMP After spending a very nice break in a Smugglers Cottage in the heart of Looe. I thought I would share this moment with you. It is a 15th Century Grade 2 listed building, made very comfortable for a Holiday Let. As with all old buildings, there are low Ceilings, narrow and very steep stairs, with quirky turns. The first floor, One bedroom opened onto a step up, opposite bedroom opened onto a step down. The stair case then went up to an open plan bedroom, curtained off, with a Shower in full view on the landing (strange) OK if you like to be seen :ohmy: beside which was a door to the bathroom, which opened up onto the first of 5 steps. Very difficult to get back down. All the way through the staircase the owner had done his best to put rails and handles and Mind Your Head Signs! On the first day I had some near misses, so from then on I went upstairs on Hands and feet (like a giant Spider). Coming down the stairs, was another thing, so I hung on for dear life to every handle and bent into a 90degree angle all the way down (like an old lady looking for sixpences) or so Chris descibed me! On the Wednesday Morning, my Daughter, sitting in the kitchen, witnessed this vision appearing at the bottom of the staircase and exclaimed..Mam what are you walking like that for? I said Because I don't want to bang my head on the ceiling. To which she replied, Well you only need to duck as you enter and leave a room. I looked up and you know what, she was right. No wonder I had back ache!! We all had a good laugh!

• Upvote 4

If Only!

There have been many times in the past that I have gone up stairs (Like a giant spider) after a few glasses of wine. And come down like it as well, unless there was a Bannister, in which case. No! I will leave that to your imagination :huh:

Afraid I am very well behaved now, with my Soda and Blackcurrant and not forgetting my straw. Very Ladylike! Ahem. slywink

• Upvote 2

I was waiting for SWMBO in the car park outside Hucknall leisure centre, I was waving & gesticulating at her to come to the car but she took no notice. I then realised it wasn't SWMBO but a school girl in uniform, GULP!! I could almost feel the handcuffs going on & read the headlines in the Evening Post..

• Upvote 3

I remember going to some sort of outdoor concert (think "The Move" etc) in a field at the side of Clifton Bridge, maybe late 1960's?

Anyway, the gents toilet consisted of a long pipe supported by a very basic wooden frame. The pipe had been cut in half and placed on top of the frame.

A large tarpaulin, about seven feet high and held up with guy ropes, formed a modesty barrier and was just about long enough to allow six people in at any one time.

Desperate to use this facility a group of us formed a line and waited our turn to go in.

Once inside you stood with your back to the screen and did the necessary's.

Suddenly a great big ripple of applause and laughter broke out behind us.

We collectively turned and looked over our shoulders to see that some bright spark had pulled one of the guy ropes out.

The whole screen had collapsed leaving us all "exposed"

A hasty mass re-zipping took place while the organisers / bouncers tried to sort it all out.

Can anyone remember the gig or who was on?

Smiffy

• Upvote 2

In the late 60's I went to a couple of events on that field Smiffy but don't remember seeing you having a wee wee :blush: I went to a couple of big BBQs organised by Notts Casuals Rugby Club and don't remember whether there was a live band or just a disco.

• Upvote 1

I still blush when I think of this

Was working a Attenboroughs on George St& one of my jobs was to seal the Ovens with asbestos so the fumes wouldn't escape into the room

The ovens were in the brush room and the workers were 99% women & girls

Now me being a only child &15 at the time I was quite nieve so there I was standing on a chair sealing the top of the oven door when this slag of a woman grabbed my privates & announced to the room that I was quite well endowed.

I had a red face every day everytime I had to go in that room.

Can't remember the exact year, but it was definitely live groups, not a disco.

Tried googling it but cannot find anything.

Smiffy

PS:- My younger Brother who was also there said we should have been charged with woitering within tent.

When I was in my third year as an apprentice sparky, we did a big refit job in Long Eaton at a hosiery factory. being a bigger job there was several younger apprentices there too.

One morning tea one of these young lads went down to the factory tea room to make the jug of tea and was gone ages, I was sent to look for him,when I found him he was lying in a heap in a corner stark naked ! Some of the ladies had took a fancy to grab him in the tea room and they stripped him and pushed him outside, poor lad daren't go anywhere on his own in the factory after that !

Nowadays it would be considered sexual abuse or harassment but then it was classed as a good laugh, there must have been over. 100 ladies and girls working there at the time and it goes to show they can be as bad as the men for a laugh.

As we moved around the factory pulling cables in you could feel the eyes undressing you almost !

Another episode was in later life and I was doing a big rip out of some conveyors at Freemans mail order in Peterborough, almost exactly the same happened to one of my young blokes with me, again all ladies involved.

• Upvote 1

A number of years ago I worked in a "care home" as a cleaner.

There was one "old dear" who liked asking embarrassing questions.

She asked me one day "when did you last have sex"?

Quick as a flash I replied "half past five this morning............Your self"? :)

It was true Too. :) :)

She never asked me another.

• Upvote 2

As a lad of 14 or 15, I was showing off to some girls on my skid kid bike and I tried a trick too far. It happened on the Forest when the football pitches had about 4 or 5 terraces. I bragged that I could clear the lot in one big leap, riding from the top. So I lined the bike up about 30 yards away and pedalled furiously towards the edge. As I accelerated I realised that it was going to be a long way down and I chickened out at the last moment. I kicked the bike from under me and landed on the edge of the drop - trouble was that the saddle caught in my trousers and ripped one leg completely open from my crotch. The girls were absolutely beside themselves with laughter. I was so embarrassed and tried to look cool whilst clutching the flapping trouser leg to keep it closed. Didn't do the bike much good either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...

BUMP

Oh my goodness, Is there any hope for me? I've been at it again. We arranged to take daughter shopping to the big Tesco at Dudley.

As we were all ready to go and I had my Gilet on, open down the front. The weather looked promising and i only had a few minutes to spare, so I clipped a dozen pegs all down the the side of the open zip and dashed outside to peg the washing out.

Anyway later when we had finished the shopping,  after walking around the store for about an hour. I had noticed a few smiles but just thought how friendly Dudley people were! At the till, Chris and the cashier were having a good laugh so I said come on then, share the joke. TWAS ME, still got eight multi coloured pegs clipped to the jacket, and none of us had noticed.  Red, Pink, Green ,Blue, Yellow. HOW can you miss that? :blush:

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2