Embarrassing Moments

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUMP Oh my goodness, Is there any hope for me? I've been at it again. We arranged to take daughter shopping to the big Tesco at Dudley.   As we were all ready to go and I had my Gilet o

I hope to god that never happens to me, don't wear .............night attire......

BUMP After spending a very nice break in a Smugglers Cottage in the heart of Looe. I thought I would share this moment with you. It is a 15th Century Grade 2 listed building, made very comfortabl

Seriously, it seems to be quite common to see people in the supermarket wearing pyjamas or onesies these days! Young people! Wouldn't even put the wheelie bin out wearing my pjs or dressing gown. I mean, I've got certain standards! Wouldn't want the neighbours to know my night attire is covered with cats, cute polar bears and....more cats!  ;)

4 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I'm sure I'm going to arrive at work still wearing my jim jams! So many things to do and think about! :blink:

About ten years ago I was looking after my grandchildren as they where staying with us I had to take them to school. Running late one morning I popped jacket over my pjs and drove them to school, one of them came and said teacher wanted to see me.  Told her to say I was busy and would call later.  Duly called and was just about to go into why I couldn't stay earlier when she said, its ok they told me you had your pjs on.  Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings as the saying goes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

I hope to god that never happens to me, don't wear .............night attire......

Same here.  ;)

When I walked away from DJing to try to 'find myself', not to mention the lovely Jenny in Doncaster... .Picko asked me to come back from Doncaster to DJ the 'Manlove and Alliot' ( Sp?.) Football Club Dance.  Apparently I'd done it before and they liked me.  ( Some people have no taste...)

So I was set up just below the stage, playing lots of fab and groovy tunes.

I can't remember the name of the band they had booked, but I recall they were supposed to have an ex- Shadows drummer.  They were more of a 'showband' than a rock band.  They also had a new lead singer.

I had a word with the band and offered to introduce them and give them a 'big up'.  They agreed.  So.. when they were ready I jumped up on stage and as the curtains opened revealing the band, I introduced them, to thunderous applause ( for them.. not me..)  The band launched into the 'intro' for 'Puppet on a String'.. as the new singer 'chasse'd' on from stage left singing 'Congratulations'.......:blink:

I jumped nonchalantly off the stage, skidded on abandoned raffle tickets which littered the floor and glided less than gracefully towards the centre of the dance floor. 

I finally earned my applause.

:clapping::bravo::rotfl:

• Like 2