• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All them bleddy word games again, send for Cliff Ton, he'll know what to do !

Yes, yes, yes! Thank you so much. The original page used to be a sort-of yellow colour but white is OK. Just so pleased that all those people are no longer staring at me!!

That topic was removed, by another staff member, as a result of a complaint. I have said before here, when some wanted the political area removed from our site, that we try to strike a balance betwee

One problem that seems to be worsening in recent days is log in troubles.  I find when I try to log in from the top right of the page I get a message,  "Something went wrong."  This is followed by another login screen almost 50% of login attempts.  Not disastrous I realize, but irritating.

• Like 1

I've seen that as well loppy, thought it was just me... It has to be said the Invision software leaves a lot to be desired...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

There were a number of technical changes made this morning (Sunday) and since then a few people have been unable to log in to the site. Obviously they won't be able to see this message, but we're aware of the issue and trying to sort it.

Some members found the site unavailable for a while (including me), but the problem later sorted itself out. But there are a few out there unable to get back in.

The site was migrated to a new server yesterday, so the link you have in your bookmark will be out of date, clear your cache first, delete the old link in your bookmarks/favorites, then do a Google search for the site, use it and book mark it.

I know of at least one member who cannot get back in, Mick is aware of the problem firsthand, as soon as he comes up with an answer, I'll pass it on.

Back on after 2 days.........thought the end had come..........;)........and thanks to those i messaged on FB.

• Upvote 2

The problem arises if people can't get on to Nottstalgia, they have no way of finding out what's happening - unless they do it via the Facebook Group - which not everyone is on.

Then they discover that it's been running normally in their absence.

During the 2 days it was off,,i was amazed at some of the people i missed.......:blink:

edit..........and not by others.......lol

Yes, CT. Initially, I got a notice re server migration and I'd noted Mick's presence just before that, so reasoned he was doing his techno stuff.

Until and including first thing this morning, got a 404 error message and then it was back.  :rolleyes: Just assumed that @Benjamin1945 was overseeing the operation! Missed you too Ben!

• Like 1

I had a few issues Sat night and at odd times through Sunday, but all seems well now. I've not changed my bookmark.

Depends if you use them Beekay.  How do you normally log on?

14 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Depends if you use them Beekay.  How do you normally log on?

If you mean by log on,at the top right of my page it says sign in, but I never sign out.

@Beekay  re bookmarks.... when I'm on a site /page that I want to return to, I click/touch the star at the top of the page.  When I then open Google later, it will appear in a little square under the search space if it's something I'm often returning to...

OR if I click/touch the star at the top of the Google page it will appear there - the star creates bookmarks!!   At least that's how it works on my iPad...

2 minutes ago, trogg said:

Only just been able to get back on since Sunday, nice to be back missed you all.

me too. Thought the international hackers had paid us a visit. Amazing how alarmed you get when you can't find NS - like waking up to no BBC