• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All them bleddy word games again, send for Cliff Ton, he'll know what to do !

Yes, yes, yes! Thank you so much. The original page used to be a sort-of yellow colour but white is OK. Just so pleased that all those people are no longer staring at me!!

That topic was removed, by another staff member, as a result of a complaint. I have said before here, when some wanted the political area removed from our site, that we try to strike a balance betwee

Even Youtube gets problems from time to time.

Just got this...

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:
AB38WEOyXfFqt35uZzpT1mqOZ9B5HA1Flsjf70DLlCHo-9TjeL0eanNZsknu
BLtxlC_PmoAg-zRYZK59QPiZbuC9UkLQzmFLupt23ySvxDgvOdeytNWR91W_

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Keep getting 408 Request Time Out message on and off today.

i get that too i thought it was just me - its bizarre it happens if i use my desktop pc but i dont get the error on my laptop - i use google chrome browser on both machines i've even tried internet explorer but it dont do it using that but prefer to use chrome

• 3 weeks later...

Could have been merged with another topic, or removed if it became too contentious? When the powers that be are up I'm sure they will enlighten us

Thanks darkazana" just read what i rit and it looks like a moan,it was"nt,LOL.

Could have been merged with another topic, or removed if it became too contentious? When the powers that be are up I'm sure they will enlighten us

still not up? darkazana :)

That topic was removed, by another staff member, as a result of a complaint.

I have said before here, when some wanted the political area removed from our site, that we try to strike a balance between free speech and good taste.

Per conditions here. Free Speech does not mean you can write anything you like on the internet, and certainly not on this site.

The discussion of the uses of the word 'nigger' has no relevance to this site, and I support its removal as some would see it as offensive.

• Upvote 3

Staff members here have the unenviable task of making decisions on such posts.

Sometimes moderating a forum like this is 'damned if you do... damned if you dont'

• Upvote 2

Because threads are red by guests as well as member.

It may be the only topic they fall upon, and judge the whole site and its members by such a discussion.

• Upvote 2
  • 5 weeks later...

#35 Mick2me. Regarding the uses of the word nigger, it should be remembered that when some of us were young just about every brown-coloured dog had this name. Are you saying that someone cannot post a message that says, for instance, 'we had a dog named nigger when I was young'. Similarly, many women had nigger-brown-coloured coats. How far is Nottstalgia political correctness prepared to go?

The ovoids ( Moulded crushed coal ) as used on steam engines in the 50's were often known as Niggers Knackers.

As a pre teen kid, I hadn't a clue what they meant.

I find the subject pathetic to say the least. I could put a mountain of videos on here from black singers all mouthing the word, 'nigg*r'. Adult black footballers in my eldest sons teams would use it. Why then is it such a big deal if a white man says it?. Clifton All whites FC changed their name to Clifton FC but we have the All Blacks rugby team. Pathetic.

MY Dad always told me about a team called ' Vernon Nig Nogs' in Old Basford,they would be popular today would'nt they.Imagine Vernon Nig Nogs v.Clifton all whites.

• Upvote 1

And what about Golliwogs??? I loved my Golly. He even disappeared from the jam labels. How many used to collect the little pictures on the labels to get enough to send off for a badge?

• Upvote 1

I did Darkazana and had quite a few little enamel badges. When I was clearing my Dad's house out last year I was so hoping to find my golliwogs but sadly I didn't. I did find my one and only baby rattle though !!

There were four of us kids, all born one year apart, so we only got one golly badge each. Then it was the long wait until there were enough gollies collected for the next one. No wonder we all like Jam!! I remember for ever pushing our hands down the back of the Sofa, searching for our lost badges. I'm sure my brothers used to hide them on purpose. :huh:

The word 'nigger' was the lazy,missed pronounced word for negro,spoken by white people in the 'old South',during the early days of slavery.

I have a set of Robertsons enameled 'gollies',missing the trombone player.Anyone got a spare?

• Upvote 1

Sorry Mudgie.

Mine are long gone, probably down the back of the Sofa (Unknowingly) and the Sofa burned on the Bonfire in the !950/60s. Those Blummin Brothers again Lol