39 minutes ago, MargieH said:

@Beekay  re bookmarks.... when I'm on a site /page that I want to return to, I click/touch the star at the top of the page.  When I then open Google later, it will appear in a little square under the search space if it's something I'm often returning to...

OR if I click/touch the star at the top of the Google page it will appear there - the star creates bookmarks!!   At least that's how it works on my iPad...

Margie, I'm using a tablet, but there's no sign of any star that I can see. Not that it matters, like I said, I don't sign out anyway. Cheers. B.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All them bleddy word games again, send for Cliff Ton, he'll know what to do !

Yes, yes, yes! Thank you so much. The original page used to be a sort-of yellow colour but white is OK. Just so pleased that all those people are no longer staring at me!!

That topic was removed, by another staff member, as a result of a complaint. I have said before here, when some wanted the political area removed from our site, that we try to strike a balance betwee

• 1 month later...

Seem to be having a few issues, if I make a comment in a thread, I am unable to make another, either in the same thread or another one. Unable to give a like to someone else's as well.

The screen will go blank, then return to the page but the writing is now feint and the screen is locked. A black circle appears in the middle and spins for ever and a day.

Only way to clear is to delete everything in safari and start again. Sometimes having to wait a couple of days before I can post.

Any ideas?

Am using an I pad.

Also when trying to sign in, I get a fault has occurred and a page number, usually 404.

What sort of tablet are you using DA., I don't suppose it makes much difference, but just clutching at straws. When you do manage to sign in, don't bother to sign out when you've finished. That will keep you in the loop. I've only ever signed once in 18 months.

Am unable to do that Beekay as its locked. Only way is to completely restart from scratch. Am hoping this message will post.

If it doesn't, I will have to respond at a later date.

I use an Apple I pad.

Looks like your in good hands DA, lots of experts on here, love that phrase “Just clutching at straws”  I imagine a surgeon saying that :Shock: 

Maybe a spring clean of the site is needed HOWS YOUR DAY THREAD 900 odd pages & couple of thousand posts of mainly FACEBOOK type insane drivel?  And we now seem to quote every post or do not no how not to quote every post :biggrin: worrabart a cull of members that joined & never posted or members that used to post & now missing in action? Seems quite a lot, ponders why :rolleyes: 

(Top left if you are using your iPad horizontal there is a locked button, have you clicked that? No? Then click settings - general - 2nd from bottom reset - top one reset all settings, not delete anything important just a general clean up of cookies & reboot, you’ll be sorted DA) 

Brew: it's a mark IV

.    Radford Red: forgot about that reset. Did as instructed.

Cliff Ton: unable to answer as I only post in Nottstalgia.

Not off to a good start, couldn't get in initially. Got the dreaded black circle before I could sign in.

Am here now, but for how long?

13 hours ago, Dark Angel said:

Cliff Ton: unable to answer as I only post in Nottstalgia.

What I meant was "do you have any problems with viewing any other websites...not necessarily posting on them".  Does the problem only appear on Nottstalgia ?

DA I was going to suggest a reset/reboot to factory setting but RR beat me to it. There are plenty of YT videos showing how it's done,

Beekay:

.    Brew:

.                           Thank you for your input.

Cliff Ton:

.    Radford Red:

.    Cliff Ton:. My problem only appears on Nottstalgia. 

Whilst annoying, it's not the end of the World. 

Three attempts to log in just now.  Twice it was "Cannot parse response."  Yesterday it was "wrong password."  Password is set to load automatically so it was not misspelled.  This a.m. it worked. I log in several times a day to keep up.  50% of the time now it is "Something went wrong,"  It gets frustrating.

Thanks D A.  I don't think the problem is on my end because the problem is random and doesn't occur on other sites.  It's just on NS and has been for months now I'll just have to lump it I guess.