The Prince of Wales aka King Charles III

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When the green light flickers hang on to your knickers,welcome to Buck house grab a granny night   Rog    

Don't work for me    Boom boom boom let me hear you say Wales       

As a devout royalist, I think he's a bit of a buffoon, but it's entirely due to his upbringing, with the old bat, the Queen Mother deciding his lifestyle for him. Thank God William and Harry can think

6 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Also I didn’t know William was crack-handed til today. 

I Can only assume you mean 'cack handed ' and until..

I suggest you check out the best Snooker player's and footballers..pro rata..

4 hours ago, HSR said:

I Can only assume you mean 'cack handed ' and until..

I suggest you check out the best Snooker player's and footballers..pro rata..

Oh, yes of course I meant that, I shouldn’t let predictive text take over!  

Ive mentioned afore ive got ''Essential Tremor''.........and as luck would have it its in my left hand.....and i find it impossible to write..........used my right hand for a time but it was hard work and looked like a childs writing..........so now i ve given up writing altogether..........

Had an embarrassing incident with a receptionist at Kings Mill hospital recently..........my voice wasnt working and he said....''its ok just write down what youre trying to say''....told him by sign language....

'''CAN'T WRITE''..........

There are so many little things we take for granted until they infringe on your daily life........

Had a chat over the phone with my Daughter this evening, appears to be roughly a 90 seconds delay her end,x between the BBC LIVE red button stream..

She has a smart tele, I don't.

Given that the majority have a smart tele...

Has this been introduced since that poor chap fainted, a member of the Archer's or was it there from the outset?

There's been a delay in both live T.V and live Radio transmissions for many years.

On the occasions they have to use the magic button to cut the transmission if someone is swearing or something else happens, then they loose the delay.

However by the magic of technology for the following few minutes they slow down the transmission from real time to recover the delay.

What you tend to notice more nowadays however is the delay when a satellite link is used, sometimes for a single camera.

If you watch a major event like the current one where all channels are covering and switch between channels there's a delay between the BBC, which appears to be the master and all other channels.

So the BBC or it's outside broadcast contractors are the prime source and they are then feeding it over to other channels, presumably via satellite links causing an extra delay.

If you switch between SKY, Cable and Terestrial channels they are all out of sync due to satellite links.

Some delay is caused by the fact digital signals are used now. It takes time to encode the original sound into a digital signal for transmission and then a delay in the receiver (audio or visual) to convert the signal back to analog. There was a debate in Parliament when some MP raised concerns that the chimes of Big Ben were delayed a few seconds on a dab radio. Perhaps upset his gold Rolex couldn’t be set properly.

I have an internet radio which is delayed half a minute or more than a conventional radio.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to The Prince of Wales aka King Charles III
8 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

Some delay is caused by the fact digital signals are used now. It takes time to encode the original sound into a digital signal for transmission and then a delay in the receiver (audio or visual) to convert the signal back to analog. There was a debate in Parliament when some MP raised concerns that the chimes of Big Ben were delayed a few seconds on a dab radio. Perhaps upset his gold Rolex couldn’t be set properly.

I have an internet radio which is delayed half a minute or more than a conventional radio.

There’s also a slight lag between SD and HD, and between them and 4K.

Which can be a pain when the wife turns the kitchen TV up to 11 and drowns out the sound on our other TV. For some reason, she always seems to put the SD broadcast on, even when HD is available.

Caveat emptor.........Your unelected King has very few powers as a constitutional monarch and is therefore less likely to have an impact on your everyday life. However an elected president, as it would appear the ever disgruntled of the country want, can have a significant impact. I give you Donald Trump