Me dad worked down the owd skonky as did all his family(amongst other pits).....as a nipper me dad used to walk me around the area and tell me his tales....he told me about the crush he had on the girl that lived at the pit house(still standing).....funny they all had nicknames in them days....me dads was "did it"....or "our did".....i used to work for thorn jasmin on the corner and more or less on the pit topattachicon.gifskonky_p..._Custom_.jpg

Think we may be related, my mums maiden name is caulton, we are all Bulwelliens. My grandad sam had brothers, did it, nimrod, penrod.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me dad worked down the owd skonky as did all his family(amongst other pits).....as a nipper me dad used to walk me around the area and tell me his tales....he told me about the crush he had on the gir

Proper mesters

i think shonky pit was in the area behind the top house pub there was some burning slag heaps there in the 60s

I remember a chap they called 'did it'. Memory's not too clear but would have been late 1950s. Did he frequent the Robinson's Hill Club in Bulwell?