Well i hope you do well Pixie,i had a few years of making celebration cakes,i have to say they were very good,but i put so much work into the sugar paste flowers that i could never have made it pay,it is a good thing to have an interest especially one that can be useful,having you'r little one you will make good use of you'r craft.Best Wishes Pixie.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One the few angels I made years ago this one is called angel of the sea.

That is really intricate Nonna. Post the dragon when you are able I would be interested in seeing it. I will try to post a picture of my water dragon which us my favourite if I can remember how to do

Yup still as good second time around!...  

• 5 years later...

Browsing they old posts I found this one, don’t know if anyone will be interested but here goes. I knit, crochet and do counted cross stitch. I enjoy crosd stitch, find it very relaxing and do it whilst listening to my podcasts. I have some of my creations framed and hung on the walls in my front room. I have a thing about dragons, collect dragon ornaments, and have 4 large cross stitch ones on my walls, they are earth, fire, water and I think the fourth is air(?). I also do animal ones as well, cats, foxes, wolves (one of my favourite animals) and also teddy bears suprisingly. I like doing the ones with the black background but find these are easier if done when the days are longer as under artificial light they can be a bit taxing on the eyes. I also crochet, at present I am doing a throw for my chair in the conservatory. I go to a craft club on Friday mornings where there is an expert crocheter(?), she does amazing things and is showing me new stitches as I only really know the basics that my Nan taught me. Wish I had let her teach me more but I was a teenager at the time and had other important things to do! Knitting comes and goes, I have times when I have a splurge with it, but then go on to other things, but like a butterfly easily distracted by something new. There is also someone who does macrame (spelling), which I have always wanted to do but there doesn’t seem to be much you can do with it once learned. So back to doing my squares for my thow.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

What a crafty girl you are, SG!

I used to do a lot of knitting and crochet but don't do any now.

When  my mum was alive in her last few years in the 1990s, I used to knit cardigans for her, making up my own simple fairisle patterns on part of them.  I also crocheted a bedspread from oddments, as she really felt the cold in her later years.

When  I was at secondary school, a group of us used to do knitting during the long midday lunch breaks - I remember knitting a shocking pink one with a black pattern  on the yoke, also a lime green, red and white one!!    By the time they were completed, I'd gone off them...

Here is a photo of the bedspread I dîd for mum... we still use it in very cold weather

IMG-4896.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

That is absolutely beautiful.  As I said I am only doing basic doubles and trebles at the moment. I am hoping to be able to do things like that with the help of the expert in my craft club, she taught me a new stitch on Friday which I am practising. It is so satisfying when you do something like that.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Stavertongirl said:

That is absolutely beautiful.  As I said I am only doing basic doubles and trebles at the moment. I am hoping to be able to do things like that with the help of the expert in my craft club, she taught me a new stitch on Friday which I am practising. It is so satisfying when you do something like that.

I love crafts. I was into crotchet but I wasn't very good. My passion is /was cross stitch. Must look out photos. Cant sit very long to stitch and I love working on linen but its very tiring.

• Like 1

The bedspread was only made of hexagons stitched together..... each hexagon was very simple to do, just starting with a ring and consisted mainly of trebles and single chains.  

SG you mentioned dragons.... my eldest grandson (nearly 22)  likes painting models of dragons.  He has done creative writing at Uni and says doing the painting allows him to think about what he wants to write!

I've  only once done any cross stitch and that was an advent calendar for one of the smaller grandchildren.  It was a kit and had little pockets with Christmas items on in cross stitch.  They still use it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IMG-3052.jpg

One the few angels I made years ago this one is called angel of the sea.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

That's really good, much better than the interminable thatched cottage and roses my neighbour goes in for.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Brew said:

Yup still as good second time around!...   thumbsup

Yes I suppose it is but I cant delete it. Was putting another angel on and also one for SG of a storm in a teacup. (its a dragon)

Tired now I think Ive posted too much feeling guilty

I hate cottage things

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

That is really intricate Nonna. Post the dragon when you are able I would be interested in seeing it. I will try to post a picture of my water dragon which us my favourite if I can remember how to do it. When I am doing them I always like to get the eyes done as quickly as possible makes them seem more alive. Oh dear that sounds a bit creepy:Shock:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to whoever deleted my 2 nd angel.

Sorry scrolled back and it's not been deleted. I really must be losing it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

IMG-3054.jpg

Hope this is the one. Storm in a teacup.

Its at a funny angle because its high up on the wall out side my bathroom

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Love it. My friend bought me a dragon in an eggcup ornament for my birthday which is similar (except it is in an eggcup not a teacup!) Tried to download my picture of the water dragon but couldn’t get it to download. Will try again tomorrow when I am not so tired! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Been trying to download a picture of my water dragon (cross stitch not live) from postimage but can’t remember how to do it, ended up losing the pictures completely. Clicked on everything but nothing seemed to work, going to lie down in a darkened shed with a damp cloth on my forehead and think about fence posts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just post a link SG. Random clicking may lead to  postimage shedding your pictures which can be a pain in the posterior..

• Upvote 1

Click on the photo which you've already uploaded to postimage.

Click on 'share'

Click on the box at the end of one of the options (I find Direct link always works on this iPad)

it will show as 'copied'

Go to the reply box on the forum and right click to choose  'paste'  (or hold down your finger if using an iPad)

Btw, I hope you enjoyed your meditation on fence posts SG. 

4 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

Been trying to download a picture of my water dragon (cross stitch not live) from postimage but can’t remember how to do it, ended up losing the pictures completely. Clicked on everything but nothing seemed to work, going to lie down in a darkened shed with a damp cloth on my forehead and think about fence posts.

Don't worry SG, there's lots of folks on here that will 'shed'  some light on it.

• Like 2

I completed quite a few tapestries many years ago, enjoyed doing them in the evenings when the kids were in bed.  I also have some real beauties done by my great aunt and also my Mum, both of them passed away over 30 years ago.  They’re all framed but stored away in a cupboard as there’s no room in the shed.  

• Like 4

Tell master to get the next  size up, or go for the super sized one, that way there Will be room for any additional accessories!! Simples!

1 hour ago, Waddo said:

Tell master to get the next  size up, or go for the super sized one, that way there Will be room for any additional accessories!! Simples!

Master?!!!  I don’t have a Master Waddo, I don’t answer to anybody ........ I’m an Arnold girl :biggrin:

• Like 5