Wecome to Pwatmo, an old school chum of mine from the 1960s. Have a good time in here mi duck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stephen,

No Same spelling, but different family. My Aunty Betty worked there in the 60's and every weekend would come home with lots of samples... A few yaers ago, I was complaining to a local Telco about service (or lack of) here in Oz and it turns out her unmarried name was also Watmough and she was the great grand-daughter of the Watmough sweet 'owner'. It went broke in the late 70's I understand and during it's heyday was well know in Nottingham for his donations to the poor and needy.

Where the hell do the think the are? 'The Common Market'!

America and Japan are not due to become part of the EU until at least 2036!

mick2me re #7

Methinks he wrote 'Telco' - meaning telecommunications?

No Tesco here in Oz. We have ALDI establishing themselves but no Tesco as yet (as far as we know).

Thanks Trevor S. Yes I did say Telco meaning Telecommunications supplier a la BT or Verizon etc on your part of the world.

We don't have Tesco, just a lot of the management team from ASDA, M&S and Tesco running our supermarkets over here.

Paul

Ayup, what's all this about Aldi in Oz?! We atent even got one in Wick yet!

I read somewhere last year that Tesco were doing their utmost to get into Oz and had been in negotiations to do so.

Obviously our big two, Coles and Woollies are doing their best to stop them as the love having virtually no competition.

Aldi are only in the Eastern states but do give the big two a run with some great specials. We love Aldi bacon ! as its the nearest thing to English bacon I have tasted in over 25 years !