• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me this perfectly evokes growing up in the late 50s-early 60s more than just about any other piece of music.    

I think the first single I bought was an instrumental . African Waltz by the Johnny Dankworth Orchestra .  Strange choice for a 12 year old!  

Bit more of my Daughters double......Karolina.......

This one is for you, colly0410. It's the Shadows on 'The Multi-Coloured Swap Shop' with Noel Edmonds in 1981. 'Telstar' was my Mums favourite tune so it's a bit of nostalgia for me, also.

Thanks for the link Michael, I've never heard that version of Telstar before, I like it..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Ten popular hits from the 60's

Walk Don't Run - The Ventures

Telstar - The Tornados

Pipeline - The Chantays

Ghost Riders In The Sky - Ramrods

Diamonds - Jet Harris and Tony Meehan

Nut Rocker - B Bumble and the Stingers

March of the Mods - Joe Loss and his Orchestra

Red River Rock - Johnny and the Hurricanes

Stranger on the Shore - Acker Bilk

The Good The Bad and The Ugly

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...

The lovely sound of James Last...........recall playing this on the 'Juke' 'Box every where i went........Have it on CD don't recall where i bought it...but its still got the price on it £5.......

• Like 3
On 3/18/2023 at 4:17 AM, Cliff Ton said:

To me this perfectly evokes growing up in the late 50s-early 60s more than just about any other piece of music.

Knew the tune as soon as it started playing but strangely never knew the title of the piece. Yes very evocative of the era.

This is the first of a playlist of BBC Radio theme tunes that strikes many memories, just scroll down to your favourites and get transported back in time.

Classic BBC Radio Theme ~ Down your way - YouTube

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

The previous 'Instrumental' post........which for some reason wouldnt let me add any written words...........

This video is my daughters double when she was about 12 yr old........ive just shown her children  10...8 and 4...........they are convinced its their Mam......their reaction has been so funny..........

The first great ''twanga''..........i recall........Edit sorry willow just seen you played it before...........

• Like 2
On 3/18/2023 at 4:17 AM, Cliff Ton said:

Wasn't Westminster Waltz the link music for In Town Tonight the theme of which The Knightsbridge Mark was written by Hucknall's own Eric Coates