With the weather so warm in Nottingham today ...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes society as we know it...they'll be legislating how long you can jump up and down on a hooker next.

The dog show we were at this weekend was in the combat zone They ripped off the catylitic converter off our friends Toyota ($1700) in broad daylight in the hotel parking in a 2 hr time frame . The

My sister always had an "Ice cream oyster"

Another memory that we were talking about at my Mums last weekend was that my Dad would always finish his cone ages before everybody else , he bit the bottom off and sucked the ice cream out the bottom (I still do it to this day) then he'd help Mum eat hers as it always 'set her teeth on edge' !

On the bright side, Apples can be picked now, and with the apple harvest comes ........................................................... Cider. Oo AAr

yes its the old shipley boat in now known officially as middle field nowere

but known by most bikers middle fing nowere

nice night tonight about 600 bikes around and 50 or 60 cars never so many there on a monday night . if its good weather still on wednesday night all 3 large carparks will be full of bikes classic and modern also band night we go most weeks in the summer we were going to stay in tonight but it was like oven at home even with fans on so we went down and sat on the seating area on the grass the bbq area nice breez but still warm enough to sit out without a cardigan nice chat with friends

But this topic is (allegedly) for ice cream ! I think you mixed topic/threads up Babs.

I thought it was an open ended topic - 'With the weather so warm in Nottingham today.......' and an invitation for others to tell what they did or how they coped.

So, only natural for ice cream to be top of the agenda but others mention St Swithins Day and the possibility of a drought, being grateful for air conditioning in the car and one person slywink even steered the topic over to the apple harvest and then to cider!

Babs was just telling us how they spent their warm evening - sitting out at MFN with friends. I thought it was nice.

Guess someone has got the upcoming 2nd Test Match on their mind and Phew, nearly mentioned the cricket then :tongue:

I don't know about Nottingham, but it's more like Florida here the last two days, hot and very humid. Yesterday we had several good showers, first decent rain in nearly a month, and looks like a few showers might get us tonight, with luck!!

It's that dry here we'll be having hose pipe bans soon.

Where I'm off to on Wednesday, have already banned open fires , Chinese lanterns and ground based Barbecues!

They stopped the Notts County vs Galatasary match during the first half for a drinks break !!

We'll just have to wash the next victory down with fresh harvest.

Sounds a tad warmish up there.

Just a dumb question, but, are the majority of houses in England built these days with double brick walls or like here in Australia; a single brick or brick veneer?

That's next week Carni. This week it's the Royal International Air Tattoo or RIAT to it's friends.

4 nights of debauchery , rum, sodomy and the lash (To misquote Churchill) and a little bit of aviation photography on the side..

I ask a question about the construction of British houses these days and get something about debauchery, rum, sodomy, the lash and photographing birds?

No bloody wonder Warner dropped one of your guys (Root) with a neat little uppercut if he got answers like that - particularly as your fellows were drunk and playing about with wigs on their faces - our Warner was in fear of his virginity!!

Good job I did not talk about the forthcoming Test match that we w Ooops, nearly said something about the cricket.

:biggrin: It's Beautiful, this Gorgeous Sunny Weather of Summer and no more than we deserve after the viciously cold, long winter we suffered through.

:biggrin: The Sun Shining has to be the Best Thing in the World .................................

Sounds a tad warmish up there.

Just a dumb question, but, are the majority of houses in England built these days with double brick walls or like here in Australia; a single brick or brick veneer?

Ours is concrete block on inside then rockwool insulation then bricks, plus 8 inches of insulation in the loft. It's a bit warm, we've got 3 fans blasting away to try & cool down..

Thanks colly....I was beginning to think that post of mine was invisible!

So, is the preference in building houses still double brick (or in your case block & brick). I recollect that all our houses were double brick - took time and coal in the winter to warm up and in the summer, cool to start off with and then by the middle of summer, right little sweat boxes...no aircon in those days.

:biggrin: It's Beautiful, this Gorgeous Sunny Weather of Summer and no more than we deserve after the viciously cold, long winter we suffered through.

:biggrin: The Sun Shining has to be the Best Thing in the World .................................

You would love Adelaide Ms. Jackson. Beautiful dry heat,little moisture, -going to be 20 C today (mid winter) -brilliant sunshine. The spring and autumn are without compare. Summer sometimes a little warm(ish),but you can always go to Melbourne !

Most new houses are concrete block on inside, then insulation slab, then bricks. I think you have to have 10 inches in the loft now & also underfloor insulation but not sure how thick. Many houses on Bulwell Hall Estate have had external insulation on there solid 2 brick thick solid walls, & other upgrades but don't now what they are. They keep changing the building regulations & people can't keep up.... I lived in a solid 2 brick thick wall house on Park road Bestwood Village & it was just as you describe. Good job Dad worked for NCB & we got cheap coal..

Thanks colly....I was beginning to think that post of mine was invisible!

So, is the preference in building houses still double brick (or in your case block & brick). I recollect that all our houses were double brick - took time and coal in the winter to warm up and in the summer, cool to start off with and then by the middle of summer, right little sweat boxes...no aircon in those days.