'Whichwhat' takes me back to 1968/9 when I saw them at various places including the Slipper.

As does Beacon Records, one single I still have from that era, never got anywhere in the charts...

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The man who installed my windows.

i have always enjoyed CORONATION ST until recently,its become too much like EASTENDERS and EMMERDALE has gone the same way,perhaps its symbolic of the way Britain has gone,pushing multi cultures and g

Don't watch soaps: really bores me sitting down at a certain time to watch the box - unless there's a good film, documentary, drama on.

i have always enjoyed CORONATION ST until recently,its become too much like EASTENDERS and EMMERDALE has gone the same way,perhaps its symbolic of the way Britain has gone,pushing multi cultures and gay and lesbianism,all ok if you into it,but surely theres a time and place for everything.

Lets have some humour back in the soaps 7 and 8 oclock should be more family viewing,not all serious topics.

• Upvote 3

I gave up on Coronation Street a few years ago. A pity because it was a great British institution which we had watched ever since having our first black and white tv set, but it just got too ridiculous to watch any more.

Lets just have a recap on how many serial killers there's been in the street now; Tony Gordon, Richard Hillman, John Stape, Karl at the pub, I mean, come on!

• 3 weeks later...

Of all the programmes on TV, I think 'soaps' are the worst. I've heard people say, "But it's like real life"! It isn't - real life should be lived. It seems that people enjoy being involved in emotional situations without getting themselves into trouble - But wait! There is, or was, one which was hilarious. Perhaps some remember the American series 'Soap'. All in all, there's very little worth watching on TV.

My opinion of course, but perhaps that of others too.

• Upvote 1
Perhaps some remember the American series 'Soap'.

Damned funny...I loved Benson the black servant with his dry humour. Always remember one sketch where someone had been murdered.The detective had them all in a room...he said.

"Well you're a suspect...because you had his life insured for a million!...and you're a suspect because it was well known that you hated his guts!"

Turning to Benson he said..."And you're a suspect because you're black!"

Benson said..."Well that's fair!"

For myself, I enjoy, 'Outnumbered'; 'Not Going Out'; and 'The IT Crowd' as far as british humour is concerned, and some excellent programmes from the past, but I can see little to enjoy with present comedy which seems to me to consist of smart quiz programmes where ' comedians' patronise each other. Doubtless I am an old git who doesn't understand today's humour! :sleeping:

• 8 months later...

Used to watch coronation st,you could catch up even if you had'nt seen it for a few weeks/months,........not now,takes a while to realise wether your watching Emmerdale,East enders or Corrie,and all such dislikeable characters,........just shows how much the countries regions have become the same,....or is it just me?

I watch Emmerdale, Corro and Eastenders....don't know why, I just do...... I think mostly because there is never anything else on the telly worth watching............

• Upvote 1

What is the first soap you can recall on Radio.

What is the first soap you can remember on TV.

My recollection of first soap on the Radio is Mrs Dale's Diary I used to get home from school about 4 30 and the only words I heard from mum was be quite Mrs Dale's Diary's on.

My first TV soap that I recall used to be on at 4 45 Saturday tea time "The Grove Family"

Can any member recall early ones?

mary1947

My memories of visiting my gran was being quiet when Mrs Dale's Diary came on the radio and then again in the evening 6.45 - 7pm when the Archer's where on the radio, back in the 1950's......Then she listened to them again on the Omnibus Sunday mornings................ I also remember Meet the Huggetts and the Grove Family on the TV........

Coronation Street was never the same after they killed off Martha Longhurst.

WHO ?............