While looking at all these old shows, I saw one called 'My little Margie' . Didn't know I was famous!!

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The man who installed my windows.

i have always enjoyed CORONATION ST until recently,its become too much like EASTENDERS and EMMERDALE has gone the same way,perhaps its symbolic of the way Britain has gone,pushing multi cultures and g

Don't watch soaps: really bores me sitting down at a certain time to watch the box - unless there's a good film, documentary, drama on.

I think we have gone though most of the "soaps"

Now lets see how many cowboys we can remember

Just to start you off 

Have Gun will travel

Hope-a-long Cassidy

Cisco Kid

Maverick

• Like 1

Sugarfoot, Paladin. More recently, the brilliant Lonesome Dove.

Bronco

Wagon Train

Wells Fargo

Branded

Rawhide

A TV cowboy started one of the biggest rows I ever heard my between my parents.

My mam wanted us go out for the day and call for crisps and lemonade on the way back. Dad said no, when asked why - '" Cheyenne is on telly later".

Like the old joke, that's when the fight started.

On 7/14/2013 at 7:25 PM, Cliff Ton said:

Learned something new. Never heard of Whichwhat before, or if I did I don't remember them, so I've just spent ten minutes working through their stuff on Youtube.

Anyway, it's too hot for anoraks today.

:)  Just found this. 

Whichwhat were one of Nottm's 'top' bands in the late 1960s.  We booked them into the 360 Club numerous times. They also 'covered' Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' which was a big hit for US band Crazy Elephant.  I recall it getting one play on the BBC Sunday afternoon chart show.  I think it was just for a change as the US version was in the Top 20 for a while.  Whichwhat also did a pretty decent version of 'Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Hearts?' which if I recall correctly was first done early 1960s by Bobb B Soxx and the Blue Jeans, but didn't chart here.

When Whichwhat played the 360 their lead singer, whose name escapes me, would do a very creditable version of Edwin Starr's '25 Miles'.

I believe some of Whichwhat's own stuff and album material is now seen as 'classic British Psychedelia', along with the Nerve's 'Magic Spectacles'. Other 'top' bands of the time would include 'The Clockwork Toys', 'Carl's Fables', 'Pete and Billy Campbell and the Mighty Sparrows' and no doubt others I can't recall at present.

4 minutes ago, Brew said:

A TV cowboy started one of the biggest rows I ever heard my between my parents.

My mam wanted us go out for the day and call for crisps and lemonade on the way back. Dad said no, when asked why - '" Cheyenne is on telly later".

Like the old joke, that's when the fight started.

Cheyenne Bodie IIRC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, IAN123. said:

Beryls Lot..reminds me of chip suppers and cans of Fresca.Brookside was the only thing i followed...for a while..the patio scenario etc...

"Brookside" The best soap ever all though it was just a little bit political some times.

• Like 1

All soaps tend to be a bit political in some way, but what is worse is the way they portray ridiculous lifestyles as the norm. 

From what I've seen of these soaps (Mrs P watches some of them) it seems most of the so called actresses just strut about showing off new fashion clothes

Rog

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...

Last night I watched the story about facing fears it was A W Lymn's  a very well know undertaker in Nottingham. I know another member has posted about this myself I thought it was an excellent piece of work. It gave us all an insight into what happens at the Funeral Parlor.  Well done BBC 1.

Now how many members watch the soaps?  

Emmerdale   if you don't watch here is an up-date  one of the actors in Emmerdale has just found out that he has "Parkinson's"" as I have had PD since 2010 I just found his (Eric Pollard) acting excellent as he trys to hide what he has and pusher's loved one's away, I am going to carry on watching it and see what the outcome is.

• 3 weeks later...

My Missus and Sister in Law visited Emmerdale recently and they loved every minute. Julie got her picture took with Cain Dingle, I don't think she loves me any more :angry2: