mary1947

radio and tv soaps

While looking at all these old shows, I saw one called 'My little Margie' . Didn't know I was famous!!

I think we have gone though most of the "soaps"

Now lets see how many cowboys we can remember

Just to start you off 

Have Gun will travel

Hope-a-long Cassidy

Cisco Kid

Maverick

Remember the Lone Ranger?. Any truth that the lone ranger was convicted for the murder of Tonto when he found out that " Keymo Sabee" translated to big head.

Sugarfoot, Paladin. More recently, the brilliant Lonesome Dove.

Bronco

Wagon Train

Wells Fargo

Branded

Rawhide

A TV cowboy started one of the biggest rows I ever heard my between my parents.

My mam wanted us go out for the day and call for crisps and lemonade on the way back. Dad said no, when asked why - '" Cheyenne is on telly later".

Like the old joke, that's when the fight started.

On 7/14/2013 at 7:25 PM, Cliff Ton said:

Learned something new. Never heard of Whichwhat before, or if I did I don't remember them, so I've just spent ten minutes working through their stuff on Youtube.

Anyway, it's too hot for anoraks today.

:)  Just found this. 

Whichwhat were one of Nottm's 'top' bands in the late 1960s.  We booked them into the 360 Club numerous times. They also 'covered' Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' which was a big hit for US band Crazy Elephant.  I recall it getting one play on the BBC Sunday afternoon chart show.  I think it was just for a change as the US version was in the Top 20 for a while.  Whichwhat also did a pretty decent version of 'Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Hearts?' which if I recall correctly was first done early 1960s by Bobb B Soxx and the Blue Jeans, but didn't chart here.

When Whichwhat played the 360 their lead singer, whose name escapes me, would do a very creditable version of Edwin Starr's '25 Miles'.

I believe some of Whichwhat's own stuff and album material is now seen as 'classic British Psychedelia', along with the Nerve's 'Magic Spectacles'. Other 'top' bands of the time would include 'The Clockwork Toys', 'Carl's Fables', 'Pete and Billy Campbell and the Mighty Sparrows' and no doubt others I can't recall at present.

4 minutes ago, Brew said:

A TV cowboy started one of the biggest rows I ever heard my between my parents.

My mam wanted us go out for the day and call for crisps and lemonade on the way back. Dad said no, when asked why - '" Cheyenne is on telly later".

Like the old joke, that's when the fight started.

Cheyenne Bodie IIRC.

Starring Helen Shapiro?

Rog

• Like 1

Crikey  forgot that!

Was Antony Booth in it?..these were evenings with a chinky with my Mam from Golden Dragon in Bulwell.

• Like 1

Beryls Lot..reminds me of chip suppers and cans of Fresca.Brookside was the only thing i followed...for a while..the patio scenario etc...

• Like 1

It were a big flop, never got the viewing figures, weak storylines as well

Rog

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, IAN123. said:

Beryls Lot..reminds me of chip suppers and cans of Fresca.Brookside was the only thing i followed...for a while..the patio scenario etc...

"Brookside" The best soap ever all though it was just a little bit political some times.

• Like 1

Used to watch the omnibus version of Brookside every Saturday, seemed to go on all day

Rog

All soaps tend to be a bit political in some way, but what is worse is the way they portray ridiculous lifestyles as the norm. 

From what I've seen of these soaps (Mrs P watches some of them) it seems most of the so called actresses just strut about showing off new fashion clothes

Rog