Arthur Street Netherfield

Thank you for the welcome guys. Yes David is very correct however i believe lucy lived with them as her husband passed. Not sure exactly why she lived there. Will chase lucy up a bit more i think. As for dorris yes possibly her however i have come across a few dorris bennetts. I will check the tree. Nana wasnt sure of her exact year of birth but if she was 8yrs old (cant remember her age on the census) then her birth would be correct also. I will check it out. I have the census thing saved on the computer somewhere (I'd given up hope) am on my phone atm. Thank you guys for ur help. So very muchly appreciated. :)

I had a look at the electoral lists in the Archives, and came up with a few bits which might interest you - bear in mind electoral registers don’t list anyone under the age of 21.

In 1922, the occupants of 25 Arthur Street were Harry and Emily Smith. They were married in 1919. Prior to the marriage Harry was living there alone (or with someone under 21).

Emily Smith’s maiden name was Bennett. Almost certainly born Emily Jane Bennett Dec 1892. So maybe those names ring a few bells..............?

When you've had time to think about it (and DAVIDW has probably found more information) you might come back with a few questions.

Can't really add much .

Normally would assume that Emily Jane Bennett would be a sister to Doris but can't see anyone with that name on 1901 Census .

I notice that in 1911, Doris' mother was called Emily Bennett .

Did she have a second marriage to Harry Smith ?

Edit: Just found a family announcement for the death in

1916 of Samuel William Bennett of Second Ave .

So I would say that Doris went to where her mum Emily was living with new hubby Mr. Smith, to have the baby in 1922 (if she didn't already live there)

hi Guys thank again. Yes Samuel Bennett married Emily Phipps. so Doris and Emily and mother and daughter. Mum always mention mama rodgers and nana used to tell me that she lived with grandma smith so now that all makes sense. Thank you. It is so hard to find info. any suggestions on where on the net to look as I can't just pop over to england lol sadly lol. I'm still yet to discover who nanas actual father was. He is not listed on her birth certificate. Doris was not allowed to marry him so therefore nana was born out of wedlock and never knew of her father....not sure if he even knew about her. I thank you all for your help. I haven't had a chance to get onto my tree yet. will try this weekend to update it. thank you again. Just in case you know of any or have any in your tree....my nana married a brabrook :) regards Nicole

To be honest as the fathers name isn't on the birth cert it will be almost impossible to find out who he was unless you were lucky enough to find (e.g.) a news report of someone comitting adultery in a divorce case . I have searched but not found anything . Good luck !