I have just been reading a fascinating topic about Nottingham Bombings during WW11, I was so engrossed ,and want to know more,i didn't realise how much Nottingham was hit until i saw the bombing maps on this topic,my mam had talked about the bomb craters as they lived on vicarage st during the war,but sadly i didn't have much interest when i was younger and now the chance to talk to her has gone.I think it would be a good topic to Bump but cant get back on it as i got the title wrong.Can anyone help please. as i'm sure there will be more stories to read.

Trevor S

Eureka,Well Done, Thankyou for that. I was really into reading the topic last night and my laptop slipped and it was gone,I am going to have a good read now,I was born just after the war but grew up hearing my dad talk about experiences at sea mainly with his navy pals,when they visited the house,and mams memories of the land army days.I left them while i was quite young so i have missed out on a lot of talks i know we would have had. Does any one remember Nottingham in the war,It would be interesting to read your stories.

Jackson

Hiya,Thank you for the book title,I will have to see if i can find it,i must say you have got me interested,perhaps i will have to order it,unless my local library can get it for me,I will get back to you.

Thank you,Katyjay,

I am looking forward to reading May Hill's Diaries very much,I am still very interested in Nottingham and peoples stories during the World Wars,I never realised that the bombings reached places like Sneinton and Carlton, and now i want to read as much as i can,I am just so glad that i wasn't born until it was all over.

carni, I posted this topic early in the piece and has a little bit of my Aunt's recollections of the bombings. Of interest was the existence of the bomb crater sites in the field opposite Grandmas house in Holme Road, West Bridgeford well into the 50s. I can still remember running up and down the grassy depressions with other kids.

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9341&hl=bombs

Trevor S

Thank you

That was so interesting, reading about your Auntie Jeans memories, I would love to hear some more of her stories,Most of us on Nottstalga were born after the war and can still remember the food ration books,orange juice,Malt and various other things,but none of us know what its like to live life as our families did through the war years.We are thankful for people like your Auntie Jean for sharing her memories.