Can I just say Sue that I think you are one heck of a brave lady tackling a job like that, most ladies I know run a mile at just the mention of the word Wasp!!!

Were you not afraid of being stung at all??

You sound just like my kind of Gal if you dont mind me saying!!!

Owdtite....... !secret!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates wife, keen golfer, got stung between the 1st & 2nd hole on Wollo Park. Nasty. 

Yes CF I have done the same, plus a large tinfoil baking tray to act as a bird bath, we need to do all we can in this weather.

I have just found out I have a wasps nest in the loft of the house I have just moved into. Wondered why I kept getting them in my bathroom, obviously they were showering before starting work!

I wouldn’t say I was brave but thanks for the compliment.

The sting I received was painful and unexspected but that wasn’t the only time I’ve been stung.

I sat on one once, who can blame the creature for retaliating.

Nobody likes being stung least of all me, my philosophy is, if you don’t bother them they won’t bother you.

But there’s always the exception to that rule isn’t there?

We were at a birthday party the other Sunday, if you recall it was warm and sunny here, it was decided to hold the celibrations out of doors in the apple orchard, big mistake, as the afternoon meandered by the warmer the afternoon seemed to become and the flying insects more numerious, that much so we had to move indoors, several of the guests had been stung you understand only because in my opinion they paniced whenever a stinging creature came near enough to woft away.….

Thank you mick2me the link was very useful, but the council won’t remove wasp nests if they can’t get at them, the nest is under my ground floor floor juists, which means I would have to get a company in at great exspence.

There is a trap door, it was discovered when I needed a leak fixing in an old central heating system, hubby says he will don his minning helmet when the weather turns cooler, that’s when hopefully all the young queens have flown the nest to hibinate for the winter and the old queen has died.

If the nest is disturbed to soon there can be a problem with swarming, so I have read, but if left alone to empty of the new queens then there’s no need to remove said nest, it won’t be reused by another queen.

Does anybody know anything about keeping bee’s?

Nobody likes being stung least of all me, my philosophy is, if you don’t bother them they won’t bother you.

But there’s always the exception to that rule isn’t there?

Try one between your glasses and your face...can't swat it away can you? I couldn't either and it stung my lower eye lid.Spent 4 hours in casualty with a face like the Elephant Man.Not funny...and my first sting for about 20 years.

hubby says he will don his minning helmet when the weather turns cooler,

I m confused here Sue,

When you introduced yourself to the Forum you said you arent married, now you say you have a Husband who is going to don his helmet!!!

I was going to chance my luck and start chatting you up when I thought you were single but now you state you are married. I dont want to waste my time chatting up a married Woman so come on, are you available or not??

I want to see if its true what the say about good Catholic Girls....

!yowza!

"Celibrations,Numerious,Paniced,Woft,Juists,Exspence,Minning,Hibinate..."

Seems vaguely familiar...'just like the old days'...

..."Dylsexia lures, KO!"...

Cheers

Robt P.

"Celibrations,Numerious,Paniced,Woft,Juists,Exspence,Minning,Hibinate..."

Seems vaguely familiar...'just like the old days'...

..."Dylsexia lures, KO!"...

Cheers

Robt P.

Hi Rob, are you saying that Sue is not what she seems???

Do you think that Sue could be a Man in drag???? ...OMG, I was just about to start to chat her up and see if she wanted a free holiday in Scotland and for us to get to know each other better......Scuse me while I just go and fetch the sick bucket!!!!!

!secret!

Hi Rob, are you saying that Sue is not what she seems???

Do you think that Sue could be a Man in drag???? ...OMG, I was just about to start to chat her up and see if she wanted a free holiday in Scotland and for us to get to know each other better......Scuse me while I just go and fetch the sick bucket!!!!!

!secret!

what are you guys like !!!!!! !yowza!

what are you guys like !!!!!! yowza.gif

I know what you are like, cos I met you :rolleyes:

Perhaps Sue should come to the next meet Up,

I could pick her (and hubby) up from broxtowe area.

To get back on subject - are we dealing with wasps, or bees?

I have only been stung twice - both times while riding a motorcycle! Once on my thumb, and once in my knee!

I know what you are like, cos I met you :rolleyes:

Perhaps Sue should come to the next meet Up,

I could pick her (and hubby) up from broxtowe area.

But Mick,

Sue has a lovely cottage garden, I dont think they have them in Broxtowe do they (unless they have improved since I was there last)....And....she doesnt have a Hubby according to her first post, been divorced 10 years she said.

I think she should put a photo up of herself before I seriously start to woo her!!

I bet she's a cracker when the truth is known!!!...I feel a stirring in my loins !!

lips0lips0lips0 !rotfl! !rotfl!

But Mick,

Sue has a lovely cottage garden, I dont think they have them in Broxtowe do they (unless they have improved since I was there last)....And....she doesnt have a Hubby according to her first post, been divorced 10 years she said.

I think she should put a photo up of herself before I seriously start to woo her!!

I bet she's a cracker when the truth is known!!!...I feel a stirring in my loins !!

lips0lips0lips0 !rotfl! !rotfl!

Broxtowe is my council not where I live Owdtite luv...

I've explained in a previous post that I refer to my partner as Hubby.

The habit of calling my partner 'Hubby' is something that’s been engrained into my subconscious and is now a normal response whenever I’m asked am I married.

I didn’t petition for divorce he did, he saw in a younger version of me something of his mother.

If photo is necessary to prove my identity then I will post one when I have learnt to do so but until then you will have to be patient Owdtite and while away the hours/days/weeks/months/years/decades by counting the sheep from your bedroom window….lol

Bee keeping is my next project, honey is so exspensive to buy and i have such a nice cottage garden for them to enjoy.

That's a good idea Mick, would picking me up on the A52 be out of your way, I live very close to Bramcote baths.

Sue x

• 2 years later...

Sign made from empty bicycle repair kit lid and plant label. Super Scrimper, me!

Mick2me

It must have made an impression on me because i have never forgotten the circumstances, I was 5yrs old sitting on the lawn at an Aunts house,on Sutton Passey Cresent,Wollaton,when i had my first sting,the little monster crawled into my ankle sock and did its worst, I had more over the years but the next big baddie was a Bee sting,i leant forward sitting on a deck chair on Yarmouth beach and when i leant back a great big bee had settled on my chair and got me.

My advice for killing bees and other insects, before they get you first is a simple solution if you're a non smoker. I used to use Starting Spray, used to start your car on cold winter days....it will explode, so please be careful - but when sprayed at insects it puts them to sleep on the spot.

So, end your fear - best used out-of-doors - not in the house.

I was wearing a hooded coat on my motorbike going over Clifton Bridge at sull speed limit [1973] and a wasp got caught in the hood. By the time I mamaged to sptop I had been stung 7 times on my neck. Boy did that hurt!

My advice for killing bees and other insects, before they get you first is a simple solution if you're a non smoker. I used to use Starting Spray, used to start your car on cold winter days....it will explode, so please be careful - but when sprayed at insects it puts them to sleep on the spot.

So, end your fear - best used out-of-doors - not in the house.

Why kill the poor things, my rule is, if they don't bother me, I don't bother them, most of last summer there was a wild bee colony, in a tree not 100 yards from my back door, and despite people saying get rid of it, no one in the area ever got stung, also in one of my sheds almost every other year there is a wasps nest, I don't bother them they don't bother me. You respect wild life and it will respect you.

But there are times when they must go, because they are too close for comfort...