A selection of Corporation buses

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loppy asked about Inspectors, were they like "Blakey" ? No, not at all, a Blakey wannabe would appear very rarely but never lasted more than five minutes. Inspectors needed goodwill from the drivers

#68. Difficult to answer really ! AEC Renown has to be near the top of that list. We had at Bulwell Depot 360 to 379 & every one was different in some way. 363 had lovely light steering (rememb

Part 2. My favourite buses. There were many I liked but my two all time favourites would be in second place the Mk 1 Leyland National used on the central area free bus service. I did the odd shift on

Where I lived in Bilborough we were well served with bus services: E1 and 16a from the end of the road; a walk down Tremayne Road to catch the 60 or a walk through the estate to catch a B2.  I have always been prone to travel sickness and one thing still puzzles me about the different busses in Nottingham.  I was always fine on the E1, B2 and other Midland General busses but I frequently felt sick and often got off and walked when using the 60 or 16a.  Was there some significant difference in design and engine between the busses used by the different companies?  On the 60 and 16a I could often smell the engine.  I am sure that one of the bus enthusiasts will know the answer.  On a happy note I used to love sitting on the front seat upstairs when the E1 went down Ilkeston Road.  We seemed to be going so fast!

Those flat front Daimlers although nice to drive did make me feel a bit sick when travelling home from school on them esp when sitting at the rear of the bus due to the engine being sited there.

Also the front suspension was a lot softer which made the front end bounce a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure to put this next post here or the "Useless bits of Information dept" but ne'mind.

Many will remember the old Northern Bridge on Highbury Vale.

NTGM010484_zps1n6u0csz.jpg

We were all instructed never to pass another bus under the bridge, too narrow they said. WRONG, we saw that as a challenge & did it, providing you knew the opposing driver of course, not trusting the bus aimers !

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...