Stu hasn't been posting for a while, probably taking a break from it. (#7). If any new members fancy a good read then take a look at Stu's website called 'Tears Of A Clown'. Two of the latest articles are about 'The Human Pin Cushion' and the lead singer from 'Sweet', Brian Connolly.

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to fing the name of the pub which was across from the Sneinten bottoms....the big junction there at parliament St....the pub was at the bottom on the road up to the Lac Market? I do remember the Castle pub, a bit further along on Parliament st but this one has me stumped???

Den, I was trying to recall that one, but I was of the mind it was a Pheasant, not a Partridge!? Poet and Pheasant perhaps ? Sure that someone will have the definitive answer, though this aint the one Steed was on about. How about The Town Arms on Plumptre Square, close to the bottom of Barker Gate ? Fox and Grapes at bottom of the Fruit and Veg market on Lower Parliament Street ?

#10 & #13, I do believe it was just called The Stag and Pheasant. I remember playing darts for the Malt Shovel (Beeston) there many years ago.

Was this the Plumtree Arms

It certainly is Paulus, the last owners of the pub was a Mr Li & his sons James Daniel & Mark. They opened it as a Cantonese Restaurant a few years before the planned ice stadium project. I loved to eat there, when it closed I felt Nottingham had lost its finest Cantonese food. James still runs a takeaway on Mapperley Top.

No Paul, you are thinking of the old cricket players

Hippo girl, I think you're right, this old Berni Inn was whitepainted, & just around the corner from the bowling alley