this old Berni Inn was whitepainted, & just around the corner from the bowling alley

Surely that's the place in the photo I originally posted. But by then it wasn't a Berni.

Here's the Cricketer's when it still appears to be a Berni.

berni.jpg

Certainly looks like it, if you went uphill about a hundred yards, turned right, is that the bowling alley? If so that's definitely it!!

Yes it was 'Berni', we sometime popped in for a steak after Ice Skating on a Sunday.

Re #17 it was actually Plumtre single 'E'

Or this, which was officially known as Plumtree Square, on the edge of the Lace Market near Parliament Street. Dunno the name of the pub, which is the white building with the burn-out roof.

pub1.jpg

?........sorry Kev thought you meant this one

The pub in Plumptre Square is listed in an 1896 directory as The Town Arms. Not 100% but I think i went in there once to meet someone in the 1960s.

Note the spelling of Plumptre.

Apologies if this is just re-stating earlier posts, but re #20, Paulus, The Old Cricket Players at the bottom of Barker gate was a Berni in 60's/early 70's, used to enjoy going in on a Saturday evening. If I remember correctly there were photos of Panthers and Notts CC players around the walls.

There is a thread on Berni Inns.

The Town Arms Plumtree Square, I had to visit in my former working life.

It was empty and derelict then. The owner at that time gave me the beer pumps, one of which is the Guinness Pint Glass.

I still have them, maybe it will be worth something one day?